These past few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind, dealing with the unexpected developments regarding the 2018 cruise. I'm sorry to have cancelled my participation in it, but it was the best decision to be made, given the change of ports. I've decided to only host Dance With Janet Dance Cruises EVERY OTHER YEAR, instead of yearly. It is the best solution for the most amount of people in terms of time off from work, finances, and keeping the trip fresh and interesting.
Harlan and I have selected a cruise for 2019, and I am VERY excited about it! We'll be going to Aruba, one of the "A-B-C Islands", just like the Beach Boys recommended (we already visited Jamaica…) *:) happy See www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2019 for the complete scoop, and download a flyer here. In summary:
- Sailing: 3/1/19 – 3/10/19, Friday night to Sunday morning from MIAMI, FL – 9 NIGHTS
- Visiting: Haiti, Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao (SOUTHERN Caribbean)
- Ship: Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas
- 4 Sea Days, 4 ports of call – plenty of time to enjoy the ship, AND dance!!
- Julie Hein will be joining me again for couples classes, and Dancin' DJ Peg will spin the tunes
I realize this is a long cruise at the beginning of March instead of February, but it has a GREAT bang for the buck. Inside cabins start at only $722 (INCLUDING taxes & port fees). My second choice (7 nights on another line) came in at $300 more. Four sea days will give us plenty of time at sea to enjoy the ship AND dance, in addition to visiting NEW ports, which are far away and therefore need more travel time to reach. This ship is a little smaller than the Freedom of the Seas from last year but is no slouch; it is able to carry over 3800 passengers. And Mamma is still happy with 6 whirlpools!
I've been assured that it's not a bad commute from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami, if you fly Southwest like I usually do. Because it's so far out, we'll have plenty of time to plan for it. Final payment isn't required till 12/1/18, and the discounted dance fees are due January 31st, 2019, a month before we sail. I hope you'll join me on yet ANOTHER fabulous vacation; Harlan is already accepting reservations! Drop him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Join us at the Downers Sand Club Bar & Grill, 1211 Butterfield Rd., Ste. B, Downers Grove, IL, from 7 – 11 TOMORROW for a BRIDGE dance on a FABULOUS WOOD floor! Beginner Level Line Dance Lessons will be from 7 – 8, and open dancing will run from 8 – 11 – bring your requests! You write 'em, Dancin' DJ Peg plays 'em!! Visit the Upcoming Events page for more details on DANCES!!
- We're dancing GOOD MORNING, MAMMA MARIA, & LINDI SHUFFLE in Schaumburg's Septemberfest Parade this Labor Day morning. Call is at 9:30; the parade steps out at 10:00 am. If you've never danced in a parade before, all you need is your purple DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms! The dances are easy to pick up, and since Bonnie is on another cruise, we ESPECIALLY need you! See www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar for more info
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 23,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule
- Are You MOVING? Would you like to take your line dancing hobby with you? I’ll only be presenting my 12-hour course of how to develop a dance community TWICE MORE, IN-PERSON. If you're from out of town, you can attend virtually as a LIVE WEBINAR. The classes will be available only as a pre-recorded video series after this year. I’d love to work with you personally and coach you, so you don’t lose all you’ve learned!! My next class begins on Monday, September 11th (8 weeks of classes from 8:30 – 10 pm, in Wheaton) and November 11-12 (a two-day, 12 hour, live event, location TBD). I have limited seats available, so I can spend quality time with you! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/instructor for all the details
See you on the dance floor – you are loved!!