Last weekend was SUCH A HIGH! We danced and played all weekend long; what a fabulous time was had celebrating America’s birthday! Thank you for joining me! One of the songs we danced to in the Independence Day parades was TRY EVERYTHING, from the movie Zootopia (make sure you see this movie!! It’s one of the two best animated flicks EVER, right next to Shrek!). The lyrics are more powerful than you might think. Will YOU “try everything”, even though you could fail?
It’s so easy to give into the fear of the unknown as we are daily presented with situations for which we may not feel ready. We see others’ successes and think, “What if I FAIL?” Or, “I’m not good enough.” What about, “I could never do that as well as they do.” These are universal statements we all hear in our heads, but we MUST push them aside and GO FOR IT! How many people’s triumphs would not exist if they had not “FAILED THEIR WAY TO SUCCESS”?? Consider Thomas Edison, who freely admitted his struggles (“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”) As I have repeatedly advised, don’t say “I can’t”; rather admit an issue is troublesome. And KEEP TRYING EVERYTHING!!
Take a look at these lyrics:
I messed up tonight
I lost another fight
I still mess up but I’ll just start again
I keep falling down
I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what’s next
Birds don’t just fly
They fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong
I won’t give up, no I won’t give in
Till I reach the end
And then I’ll start again
No I won’t leave
I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
Look how far you’ve come
You filled your heart with love
Baby you’ve done enough take a deep breath
Don’t beat yourself up
Don’t need to run so fast
Sometimes we come last but we did our best
I’ll keep on making those new mistakes
I’ll keep on making them every day
Those new mistakes
Join me TONIGHT as we dance from 7 – 10 at the West Chicago VFW. I’ll be teaching dances to Keith Urban’s new song, WASTED TIME, as well as Shakira’s TRY EVERYTHING!!
- DATE CHANGES: We’ll only be dancing on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at the West Chicago VFW 6791 through the end of August, effective immediately. SEE YOU TONIGHT, July 8th. We have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at this hall. If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50.
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307
- SALE!! ALL DVD’s are 25% off through the end of August at any dances I host. Yes, I accept credit cards!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, July 16th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in July) & SUNDAY, July 10th & 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s Dance includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks ($5 cover). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Boot Camp in July has been cancelled; the next Boot Camp will be August 14th. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances – THIS SATURDAY 7/9 at Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago!! We then have a break until the Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5 & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18. See www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for exact locations, times, and song lists. Wear your DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms, and LET’S DANCE for all the world to see!
- Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) can be found on the Upcoming Events tab of my website. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar and go to the exact dance event to find out.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? We are fast approaching 10,000 “LIKES”; come join the party!!! Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- Warrenville’s Tuesday Beginner 1 class has resumed
- Hanover Park’s Monday class will meet at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin, on 7/11 (that’s THIS MONDAY)
- ALL Wheaton Wednesday evening clas
ses (Beginner 2, Intermediate 1, and Intermediate 2) WILL MEET 7/13; Courtney, Bonnie, & Peggy will lead practice classes
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS debuts 9/13 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/
See you on the dance floor!