Lady Di gets a headache trying to figure out where she is dancing every Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On the off chance that she is not the only one, the revised Dance With Janet flyer should help us ALL remember where we are going. Each location is listed on the Upcoming Events page of my website. VIDEOS and STEP SHEETS of what I’ve taught at those dances within the last two months are also provided there.
Again, thank you for your patience during this time of restructuring. I feel like we are survivors of a shipwreck, as we have the common bond of dancing together at the former Cadillac Ranch and we are reassembling elsewhere. All the legwork is completed and the final dance schedules have been posted on the Upcoming Events page of my website, as previously stated. Our tour of the Chicago suburbs is complete, and things should settle down now. We have PLENTY of options of where to go to dance, and you’ll be able to find me at consistent locations now. YAY!!
DANCEWITHJANET.COM has had a facelift and is hopefully even easier to navigate now. Please visit and let me know your thoughts! A significant change to note is the absence of the Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs. They have merged into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Additionally, the order of the tabs in the header has changed. Enjoy exploring it!
- This Tuesday, April 19th, and every 1st & 3rd Tuesday, we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets have offered to prepare hot dogs & chips for a nominal charge in case we are hungry, starting this week!
- EVERY FRIDAY (except for 5/6, 5/13, & 5/20) we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791
- On Tuesday, April 26th, we’ll dance for the final time at the Lake In The Hills American Legion Post 1231
- Starting May 10th, and continuing every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we’ll dance at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his monthly Sunday dances)
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, May 7th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the Stampede on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5). THIS SUNDAY’S DANCE WILL BE PRECEDED BY 2 HOURS OF COUPLES LESSONS BY JULIE & DON OR LINE DANCE LESSONS BY YOURS TRULY, from 3 – 5:15. I will be teaching dances we will be performing (for a list, see www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar – scroll down to the red performance calendar)
- Warrenville’s Saturday class has moved to Thursdays at 7 pm. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class, which my daughter Kat Warner will teach
- We’ll be performing AMERICAN POP Saturday, April 30th, at 1 pm at Hubble Middle School. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans. Call is 12:30 on the stage
- ***NEW!*** On APRIL 30th, we’ll be dancing from 7 – 10 pm at a SPECIAL venue: Fermilab’s Kuhn Barn! Stay tuned for more, and save the date!!!
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 20th will meet at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church instead of the Salvation Army
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page
- AND…The CRUISE details have been finalized! Check out all the juicy details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2017
See you on the dance floor!