I am always convicted when I hear Andy Stanley speak. I could listen to him talk all day; he makes perfect sense to me, and when he talks, I say to myself, of course! Why didn’t I think of that? I’m watching his “Breakaway” series and one of his talks addressed what we tell ourselves. He said, “As long as you’re lying to yourself about why you do what you do, truth is just going to bounce off you.” OUCH.
Who are we, truly? Are we who we present to others, or is the person reflected in the mirror someone totally different? It’s so easy to make excuses for our behavior, and it’s even easier to make someone else the reason for things we do. When we do this, we only sabotage ourselves. We’re not taking responsibility for our actions; we’re not being truthful with ourselves about who we are and why we do what we do. That creates a wall between us and truth, and makes what’s REAL nigh impossible to grasp. Recently someone actually said, “I’m not an honest person.” Kudos for that admission, but is that the legacy we want to leave? Because our families, our co-workers, our friends – and more – are watching…
Think about it. As for me, I want to be real, and honest, and genuine. I’m all for the PEACE that TRUTH brings.
- I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. TONIGHT I’ll be teaching DOUBLE D, BARTENDER, & COWBOY UP (at 6:30, 7:30, & 8:30, respectively). Tuesday I’ll re-introduce AFTER MIDNIGHT at 7:30 and EMPTY POCKETS at 8:30 – see you there!!
- P.S. I do plan to teach on the Friday after Thanksgiving, as HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ is the featured band that night – and they are WONDERFUL!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- Our next DOUBLE HEADER DANCE WEEKEND is this weekend, SATURDAY, November 21st (7-10 pm) AND SUNDAY, November 22nd (6-9 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country (dinner served from 5:30 – 7)
- Classes are CANCELLED from WEDNESDAY 11/25 thru SATURDAY 11/28 in honor of Thanksgiving. Classes resume Monday, November 30th.
- I’ll be running a SPECIAL on DVD’s & online lessons starting on Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving – stay tuned!!!
- Thursday’s St. Charles class which usually meets at the Salvation Army moves to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 101 S. 6th Ave. in St. Charles, for classes from 1 – 2:30 on 12/3, 12/10, & 12/17. Enter from the parking lot between the church & the library and go upstairs into the gym. Then in January this class moves back to the Salvation Army but will meet on FRIDAYS from 10 – 11:15 am.
- On Saturday, December 5th at 1 pm we’ll perform CLICHE LOVE SONG in the Warrenville Christmas Show (black bottoms and solid tops in one of these colors: green, red, black, white, or blue). Call is noon in the auditorium; check the red performance calendar for more details at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT!! Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate.
- Dance Lessons are now at the second price tier of $65 for the entire week – This second Early Bird rate EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30th.
- Lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- We’ll be getting together on DECEMBER 6th & JANUARY 16th for PRE-CRUISE PARTIES; save the dates!!
- Book your airfare, select your travel insurance, make sure you have your hotel roommates arranged, and start packing!! We sail in 91 days!
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for MARCH 13. I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!