I tend to be a gal who looks on the positive side of things, but it’s been kind of rough to do lately. Too many changes, too fast…like who I’m living with (or not), and where. I’ve been struggling as I’ve been processing over these last 18 months, and I was recently told I’m seeing the cup half empty. HUH? What’s this about a cup? My head is spinning. I’m so relieved to be living back in Geneva, where things are familiar, so I can calm down & stabilize. And I am even more comforted by all the incredible people I’ve been blessed to have met in this dancing community – that’s YOU!! Thank you so much for your support; I’d be lost without you.
THANK YOU also for all the birthday wishes this past weekend!! I am overwhelmed and humbled that so many of you sent emails, texts, gifts, cards, & Facebook messages. Thank you for remembering (and it’s so nice that Facebook reminds us, isn’t it?!!) and taking the time to communicate with me. I spent the weekend relaxing in Louisville with my family in honor of my daughter Jessa’s ordination, as most of you know. The three days off were very refreshing.
Speaking of Facebook, have you liked my Dance With Janet page? That’s the place to connect: www.facebook.com/
- Double Two Couples class starts TONIGHT in Carol Stream from 7:15 – 8:30 (849 W Lies Rd, Carol Stream 60188). I’ll only be offering in-person couples classes for a few more months, so grab this class while you can! This is the EASIER couples dance with upbeat music, so it’s a good one to start with if you’re newer to couples dancing
- Dance Lessons for the 2nd Annual Dance With Janet Cruise are now at the second price tier of $65 for the entire week (the lessons & open dance schedule & other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016). This second Early Bird rate EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30th.
- I’m teaching at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on Tuesdays & Fridays. Tomorrow I’ll be teaching a new popular dance, Double D (Duck Dynasty, by the choreographer of Crank It Up), Swamp Thing, & Cowboy Up (at 6:30, 7:30, & 8:30, respectively). Tuesday I’ll repeat Dance With Ya at 7:30 and Drinkin’ Beer at 8:30, both choreographd by THE Jamie Marshall of Backstreet Attitude fame.
- The Saturday workshop of FourPlay originally scheduled for this Saturday, 10/17, has been cancelled. The regular line dance class will meet from 5 – 6:15
- We dance again THIS SATURDAY, October 17th, at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave., from 7 – 10 pm (and then I run off to Rob’s party afterwards!!). Join the party as your FIELD TRIP (especially if you are a new line dancer) for $5 cover; 2 lessons (at7:30 & 8:30) are included!
- Next weekend is SUNDAY NITE COUNTRY on October 25th, also at the Warrenville Community Building, from 6 – 9 (dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines on a wood floor a la the Sunday Stampede!
- BOOT CAMP is fast approaching in Warrenville on NOVEMBER 8th from 3 – 5:15; mark your calendars! I’ll be teaching line dancing & Gary will be teaching couples classes
- Two performances are scheduled: We’ll dance at Two Way Street Coffeehouse on Saturday, November 7 from 2-4 pm, and on Saturday, December 5th at 1 pm we’ll dance CLICHE LOVE SONG in the Warrenville Christmas Show. Come learn this dance TODAY from 1-2:15 in St. Charles at the Salvation Army, 1710 S. 7th Place St Charles 60174, $7. Save the dates!
Love you all, & I’ll see you on the dance floor!