I have NEVER seen so many dancers at a festival before last night! The Dance With Janet group came out of the woodwork to dance to the Hillbilly Rockstarz band at the Taste of Glen Ellyn. Although the dance "floor" was a parking lot in front of the stage, it was SHOULDER TO SHOULDER with dancers! I still can't believe how many people stopped by to dance and visit with friends they met on the dance floor. It was quite a taste of what's to come, as we'll be joining the Rockstarz this year on the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, and dancing for a week to their music in the Caribbean. What a season we will have this year, as we repeat this for the whole festival season!!
Yet it's all about the people. Dancing is our hobby, our venue of interest, and hundreds of people share the passion. It's through the safety of the dancing "net" that lifelong friendships are built, relationships are made, and treasures of the heart are nurtured. If you have not tried dancing yet, I can't encourage you enough to do so!
To that end, a new event has been created JUST FOR YOU!! TOMORROW evening we debut our first BRIDGE DANCE, which has been designed to BRIDGE the gap between the classroom of brand new dancers (or those who'd like to line dance but have never tried) and the big bad scary world of the dance floor in the "real world". NO PARTNER IS NEEDED! We do have a location change. I'm including the post which has been published on the Dance With Janet Facebook page for you:
NEW LOCATION FOR SATURDAY'S BRIDGE DANCE with Dancin' DJ Peg!!
**Grace Lutheran Church – 2nd floor GYM**
493 Forest, Glen Ellyn IL (at Pennsylvania, southeast corner, north of the tracks)
> Enter at west end thru the door marked "Glen Ellyn Food Pantry "
> Turn left after entering and go upstairs
> Entry-level BEGINNER line lessons from 7:30 – 8:30
> Entry-level BEGINNER line dances ONLY from 8:30 – 10, Intermediate line dances from 10 – 11:30
> Couples welcome; LOTS of room!!!
> $7 admission; DWJ cards accepted too
> Bring your own snacks and drinks
Can't wait to SEE YOU THERE!!!!
- Tuesday 5/23's dance will be at the West Chicago AMERICAN LEGION from 7 – 10 pm
- Find out how smooth your skin can be SUNDAY 5/28 from 4 – 5:30 at my home! I’ll be serving WINE & CHEESE and sharing samples and info about NERIUM skin creams – they are AWESOME (and come with a 30-day GUARANTEE)! Please contact me for my address if you are interested in attending
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host up to 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 20,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- “Brain cramper” intermediate line dance lessons are offered BEFORE the dances on Tuesday for an extra $3. I’ll be teaching MJ MOVES on 5/23 & 5/30
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; please join me! A new session begins the first week in June. Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule
- Next year for the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, we’ll be joining local Chicago bands 7TH HEAVEN, HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ, & SEALED WITH A KISS on the Allure of the Seas from 1/21/18 – 1/28/18. Book your cabin through www.
chicagomusiccruise.com. You must list NTD Vacations, 847-774-8677, paule firstname.lastname@example.org as your travel agent if you go through the Royal Caribbean website. Please select the 5:30 dining time, if it’s an option. All of us meeting together for dinner is crucial to feeling connected with the group. Can’t wait to vacation with you again!!
Make today the BEST it can be – you are loved!!