Time is flying by! We sail away on our cruise to the Western Caribbean in a little over five months (departure day is January 31st), but the PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS IN TWO WEEKS, ON SEPTEMBER 4TH!!! September 4th will be here before we know it, so please take this warning to heart!
At last count, SIX CABINS remain at this all-inclusive price point, as listed on the flyer (more details at dancewithjanet.com/cruise). Our room block expires on September 4th, and since this particular cruise on this particular ship is popular, prices are expected to increase and our cruise is on target to sell out. Although I am nervous about flying, ships, water, and everything else about this trip, I’m still excited to go, as this is one more fear I have to face, and who better to face it with than fellow dancers? I’m looking forward to vacationing with you and really spending quality and quantity TIME getting to know each other. Touring exotic islands, exploring the incredibly immense ship, seeing Broadway-quality plays while sailing, swimming in the ocean as well as in the pools on the ship, shopping, and dancing to boot…what’s not to like? I may even watch you snorkel in Jamaica, Haiti, or Cozumel – as I’ve been told there’s no way I could be taught in such a short amount of time! The weather at this time of the year promises to be STELLAR and I am looking forward to creating the most incredible memories. Download your Cruise Registration form & submit it to me or Harlan as indicated; your deposit of $250 is due 30 days after you register. My daughter Kate will be joining me on the trip, and between the two of us, we’ll be teaching line & couples lessons during the 3 afternoons we are at sea (including the most sought-after couples dance of all, FOURPLAY), as well as hosting evening dances those same three days. This is the time to “work out all the kinks” in your dancing in a more intimate environment – you’ll have us all to yourselves! The Early Bird Dance Pass price of $65 is good till September 30th. It’s time to sail!!
Other items of note:
- Last Saturday’s performance at the Festival of the Horse & Drum in St. Charles was WONDERFUL!! Perfect weather, great turnout, and loads of fun! Thank you to all who participated; we’ll do it again on September 13th at the Art on the Prairie Festival from 2-3 pm in Warrenville.
- I’ll be hosting dancing tonight at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) and will be teaching 3 lessons, Dark Side at 7:30, Straight & Narrow at 8:30, and American Kids at 9:30
- Sunday Nite Country meets in Warrenville this Sunday, August 24th, from 5:30 – 9:00 pm. DJ Jeff will spin the tunes for you, and we’ll dance a different mixer than the Barnyard this time…surprise, surprise!!
- DJ Jeff & I will host another open dance next Thursday, August 28th, at Rancheros Restaurant in Naperville
- Warrenville’s AUGUST 30th line dance class is cancelled – that’s NEXT SATURDAY!
- Two-hour BOOT CAMP in Warrenville is OCTOBER 26th; mark your calendars!
Remember the two week warning, and I’ll see you on the dance floor!