Fran (left) & Eloise (right) showed up with matching shirts at class this past Wednesday, and I was again inspired. “That’s right,” I thought. “Dance Like No One Is Watching – EXACTLY! Who cares what people think about my dancing?! I want to dance; I’m gonna dance, whether I dance perfectly or not. If someone sees me dancing and thinks I don’t look as marvelous as I could, I’m not going to let that bother me.” But really – is anyone watching?
I truly believe no one is watching every move each of us makes on the dance floor. However, I’m not so sure about in “real life”. I’ve heard about things that have happened – mostly in the dancing community, admittedly, since a lot of the people I interact with are dancers – and in the hearing, I’ve felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I am uneasy realizing that people ARE watching. I’m far from perfect, like everyone else, and when I or someone else does something…questionable…often people are quick to point the finger and judge. How about we stop that, and instead focus on being kind to each other, and living life as best we can, with good intentions and generous, loving hearts? Then what people see in us all will DEFINITELY be worth watching!
- DVD BOX SETS are still on SALE with a FREE DVD! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/boxset to order, or pick one up from me at Cadillac Ranch – sale ends 7/31
- Line Dancing in Warrenville is THIS SATURDAY 7/18 (I’ll be teaching Kick the Dust Up at7:30 & Honey I’m Good at 8:30, both choreographed by Lynn Card)
- Unless we get rained out, our next performance is THIS SUNDAY 7/19 (3 pm) at the Carol Stream Pool! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar and click on 7/19 in the RED CALENDAR for the address & other details. Please join me in “showing what you know”; it’s fun to dance Electric Slide & Cupid Shuffle in the zero depth area with the guests after we’re done dancing our 8 numbers!
- Don’t miss the second PRE-CRUISE PARTY THIS SUNDAY 7/19 at Bonnie’s home, 22W255 Glen Park Rd. in Glen Ellyn (5 – 10 pm – Open House; bring a dish to pass)
- A new session of classes begins on 7/27; visit www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule for locations & times
- Sunday Nite Country meets 7/26 in Warrenville, 3S240 Warren Ave, from 6 – 9 pm
- I’m teaching Bang (the hard one) & 2 BRAND NEW dances at the Taste Of Windy City convention next weekend – visit www.countryedge.com for the whole scoop!
I’ll see you on the dance floor!!