Trusting The Process has got to be one of the most, if not THE most, difficult things in life. Since we can’t control the vast majority of situations that occur – we can ONLY control our reactions to them – when we are confronted with challenges, we often “freak out”. The words in this picture summarize life so perfectly, don’t they?
I’m on an X-Men kick, and just re-watched First Class. In it, Charles waxes profound, and utters my favorite line of the movie, which I believe is a stellar summary of life: “True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity.” Ain’t it so? If our anger is out of control, we blast through our lives like a lit fuse, burning everyone in our wake. If we are too serene, we spend our lives sitting on the couch in front of the TV, making no impression at all! In neither situation are we fully paying attention to, and dealing with, this battlefield we call Life. But if we are balanced between these two extremes, we can focus, and efficiently assess and solve our problems.
I wish us all balance, and focus! And trust in our Lord, throughout the process.
A few other items of note:
I’m planning on being back for the Hillbilly Rockstarz concert at 5 pm on Sunday, June 19th, in Geneva Commons. Want to wear your Dance With Janet shirt and dance with me to their music?
My daughter Kat Warner will be teaching this Saturday night, June 18th, at Saddle Up Saloon in Aurora. If you’re free, stop on by for a night of dancing and EXCELLENT instruction. I’ll be out of town this weekend, but you can bet I’ll be there sometimes if she continues to teach on subsequent Saturdays! Kat has recently begun teaching with Maren Oslac at her Heart and Sole dance studio in Tinley Park.
Our dance friend from Peru, Mike Kozel, will be moving to California permanently with his new wife, Ida, on July 15th. He will be at our Sunday dance in Warrenville on July 10th and has asked you all to come grab one last dance with him and say goodbye.
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! Sunday’s your day to celebrate and feel appreciated – enjoy!!
We have TWO performances coming up NEXT WEEKEND, the Rotary Grove Fest & Swedish Days Parade. Please see below.
By the way, our July 1st dance at the West Chicago VFW 6791 has been cancelled. But we’ll see you there TONIGHT!
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- EVERY FRIDAY we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50. We will not be dancing on Friday, July 1st, due to the 4th of Julyholiday.
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Yes, this is the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, July 16th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in July) & SUNDAY, July 10th & 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Boot Camp in July has been cancelled; the next Boot Camp will be August 14th. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances are: Rotary Grove Fest in Downers Grove 6/25, Swedish Days Parade in Geneva 6/26, Warrenville Independence Day Parade 7/3, Wheaton Independence Day Parade 7/4, Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 7/9, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18 (see www.dancewithjanet.com/ calendar for exact locations & times)
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/c
alendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? We are fast approaching 10,000 “LIKES”; come join the party!!! Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- Class Changes: The Carol Stream Thursday Beginner 1 class on 6/23 has been cancelled; please make up the class at any other class I teach (preferably the Monday Beginner 1 class at 5:30 in Wheaton). Warrenville’s
Tuesday Beginner 1 class will resume 6/28.
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until11/20/16. Secure the LOW rate that we have by choosing your cabin TODAY! Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
See you on the dance floor!