Here we are facing New Year’s Eve again – TOMORROW. Where does the time go? I’m still amazed at how quickly time flies. That fact constantly reminds me to appreciate the moment I’m in, and live each day as well as I can.
I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions, as I fail at them by about January 3rd. Rather, as every year wraps, I spend some time analyzing what I did RIGHT, and what areas of my life need work – and what kind of work I’m willing to do. The air up here in Washington state & Oregon encourages such thoughts; it’s crystal clear up here! When I see the mountains and evergreens scraping the heavens, I am reminded again that God is bigger than I am, and He is still on His throne. It’s my job to to the best I can with the life I’ve been given, in His honor. Life is a one-step-at-a-time kind of deal.
So I’m off to see waterfalls and nature’s majesty, and I’m remembering that we’ve been given the PERFECT environment, wherever we are. And wherever that may be, whatever we do, we are responsible only for ourselves and our attitudes & actions. It’s our blessing and privilege to live our lives for the Lord Who created everything that is; what we see and what we don’t. There’s always more to life than the bubble in which we live. Let’s enjoy what we have, who we are with, where we hang our hat, and really LIVE life!
We start over every year in our hearts, too. Love it up!
- Now’s your chance to capitalize on those New Year’s Resolutions and dance some of those holiday calories away! Join us for a NEW DROP-IN Beginner 1 line dance classes at DWJ‘s new partner location, Front Street Dance Studio, 26W229 Geneva Rd. in Wheaton. Choose 10 – 11:15 on Thursdays or 1 – 2:15 on Fridays – or both!!! No experience is required – and no night driving is, either! $7/class, pay as you go. Classes begin January 4th & 5th, 2018
- New COUPLES’ CLASSES start Thursday, January 4th, at 7:30 in Wheaton. I’ll be presenting an intro to Couples’ Country, including theory, some pattern dances, and Double Two & Two Step. See the Teaching Schedule page for registration & location info for this and all the other levels of classes offered. A NEW SESSION OF CLASSES BEGINS THIS UPCOMING WEEK EVERYWHERE!!
- Our dance hiatus is almost over. We return to our regular schedule of dances on Tuesday, January 2nd, at the Wheaton VFW, from 7 – 10. Visit the Upcoming Events page for more details on when and where we dance
- “I-DAY” has been moved to SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd, at Front Street Dance Studio, from 3:30 – 9:30. I-Day is short for “Intermediate-Day”. In the afternoon, Julie Hein will be presenting her Spins & Turns class, and I’ll be teaching intermediate dances. We’ll break for dinner and then have an intermediate dance in the evening. Did I mention this is an INTERMEDIATE day? We’ll only be doing more difficult dances. Save the date for a day of dancing the harder stuff; more details to come!!!
- If you are free Sunday, January 7th, please drop by my place for a Holiday Open House from 2 – 10 pm. A dish to pass is welcome but not necessary. Maki and Nugget want to meet you!!! Contact me for my address if you need it
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
se2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
I’m looking forward to seeing you all again soon!! You are loved!!