Treasure every moment you have.
You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone special.”
It’s hard to believe 2017 is almost over. The older we get, the faster time flies – and the more critical it becomes for us to LIVE our lives. We never know when our time will be up. It’s time to spend time with people we love, check off the items on our bucket lists, and enjoy what we are doing. Living in the moment has never made more sense.
The holiday season creates more and more tension within me each year. It’s amazing how much our culture “expects” us to do in only one month:
– Buy gifts for everyone we know
– Decorate the insides of our homes
– Put lights on outside our homes
– Send Christmas cards
– Bake Christmas goodies
– Have parties
– Arrange Christmas get-togethers with our families
– Help others (by serving in soup kitchens, for example)
…not to mention tidying up our financial homes for the end of the year. I’m sure I forgot some things, but just looking at this list wears me out mentally.
I am doing my best to complete my cultural list and yet spend my time with those I love and treasure every moment. Time may feel endless, but it is not. Let’s take it a day at a time, pace ourselves, and BREATHE…because we never know if this Christmas will be our last. Enjoy these preparations, and remember how precious our time here on earth is, even though it may seem pressure-filled.
‘Tis the season, after all.
- Join us for:
- TONIGHT’S BRIDGE dance at the Downers Sand Club Bar & Grill, 1211 Butterfield Rd. Ste B in Downers Grove, from 7 – 11 pm ($10 with one hour of Beginner lessons, $7 for dancing only after 8 pm)
- Tuesday’s dance at the Wheaton VFW, 0N731 Papworth in Wheaton, from 7 – 10 pm (our last dance of the calendar year!)
- NEW DROP-IN Beginner 1 line dance classes at Front Street Dance Studio, 26W229 Geneva Rd. in Wheaton. Choose 10 – 11:15 on Thursdays or 1 – 2:15 on Fridays – or both!!! No experience is required – and no night driving is, either! $7/class, pay as you go. Classes begin the first week of January, 2018
- The Upcoming Events page for more details on dances!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- About 15 in-person classes per week are offered by the Dance With Janet team; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
Merry Christmas!!! You are SO loved!!!