I saw this picture and thought it appropriate, as it feels like we are all hostages in our homes during this COVID-19 situation. The majority of us in this group are extremely comfortable where we live; it’s the resulting lonliness & economic impact which troubles me. Our lockdown will probably not end on April 30th like originally planned (in Illinois, at least)…so we continue onward, meeting each other electronically.
I struggle with this quarantine, in that I resent my personal freedom of movement being revoked. Yet you, my friends, wouldn’t be wherever I want to go, so in that regard, I’m ok not going. I just hope this gets resolved before the government fully takes over the directions of our lives. I’m learning how to do connect with people by phone more. Spending a couple of hours a day actually talking to my friends, not just texting or emailing, has made a huge difference in my attitude. That action is something I CAN control. What are you YOU doing to save YOUR sanity during these times?
If part of your action plan involves line dancing, I can help, although TODAY I am in a meeting ALL DAY LONG, so today’s schedule is a little different (class starts at 7:30 instead of 7:00 pm CST, for one). I’ve included the rest of this week’s DWJ virtual activities here; I hope you’ll join me “on the other side of the black box”. We are now filming from two devices, so the recordings are consistently perfect, and the sound during live broadcasts is even better.
|THURSDAY 4/23: – I am in a meeting ALL DAY LONG|
– NO Zoom Touch Base
– NO 30 at 3
– Beginner 2/Improver Class from 7:30 – 9:00 pm CST, $8 – NEW TIME FOR THIS NIGHT ONLYCountry Walkin’ by Teree Desarro (warm up)BACK IN THE DAY by Dan Albro (OLD NEW DANCE, danced twice) Singles You Up by Brittny Steward (reviewed) BONAPARTE’S RETREAT by Maddison Glover (reviewed, danced twice)Half Past Tipsy by Maddison Glover & Rachael McEnaney (reviewed)All Those Summer Nights by Step5678 (reviewed)Love Never Felt So Good by Debbie Small (Beg. 1 dance, reviewed)FRIDAY 4/24:
– Zoom Touch Base 11:00 – 11:45 am CST meetings:
– Blended Levels Line Dancing from 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST, All dances run through once, $10 (Recording Provided)Good Morning by Jo Thompson-Szymanski & Machelle Cook HollowayShotgun Jenny by Kathy Kelly BrownGet Wild by Jo Thompson-Szymanski & Maddison GloverCountry As Can Be by Suzanne WilsonLay Low by Darren BaileyMoves Like Jagger by Bracken EllisSugar Kane by Coral TuckerCan’t Blame It On The Booze by Rob HolleyFunkalicious by Masters In LineA Little Sweet by Dan AlbroAdventure 45 by Ria Vos & Jose Miguel Belloque VaneSittin’ Pretty by Craig MiyamotoHottie on Two by John RobinsonYou’re Beautiful by Lynn CardCrank It Up (Goin’ Hamm) by Trevor ThorntonHypnotized Cha by Simon WardAll About That Bass by Gail DawsonVHS by Rob Holley & Lynne MartinoBumpin’ Tailgates by Rob HolleyCan’t Stop the Dance by Lynn CardCruisin’ by Neil HaleSpeed of Love by Rob Holley & Kayla CosgroveI’m Free by Jill Babinec, Roy Verdonk, & Raymond SarlemijnSingles You Up by Brittny StewardCrazy Foot Mambo by Paul McAdamSATURDAY 4/25:
– Zoom Touch Base 11:00 – 11:45 am CST meeting:
– 30 at 3 from 3:00 – 3:30 pm CST – Dance Along to EASY line dances on the DWJ Facebook page, FREE Facebook LIVE
>>> SALE THRU APRIL 30th: Register for TWO Virtual Classes or Dances, get your THIRD (an $8 class) FREE! Your discount CAN be used more than once, but not in the same transaction. Use code LOCKDOWN. Remember to register by 5 pm CST at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual.
LOVE YOU ALL!