Here we go again! It’s a busy weekend for sure. After tonight (dancing to Hillbilly Rockstarz at St. Charles’ River Fest, and then Cadillac Ranch), the Dance With Janet dancers will perform at the Taste of Wheaton (formerly the Cream of Wheaton, isn’t that cute?) Saturday morning, June 7th, from 11 am – 12 noon. We will meet a little before 11 and probably start performing at 11:10. It’s a 30 minute performance, and we are scheduled to be in the booth till noon, so we may dance a few easy dances and encourage the crowd to join us. The location is highlighted in yellow on the attached map; it’s at the southeast corner of Memorial Park, at the corner of Karlskoga & Hale Avenues, at Seminary Ave. We’ll be at the Wheaton Park District booth. Please join us for a repeat of the show we danced at the Just Play event in May (and this is the third in a list of performances; hence, “Threepeat”). You are all welcome to dance…must dance…must dance!!Regarding Saturday’s show:
– Please wear your Dance With Janet shirts if you have one. They can be ordered directly from Pat by following the link listed on this page (scroll down): www.dancewithjanet.com/
– Playlist is as follows (when “floor” is split, as we face the audience, the BEGINNER dance will be on the LEFT and the INTERMEDIATE dance will be on the RIGHT):
- Funky Slide/Timber (to Timber)
- Love Repeats (to Love You Like A Love Song)
- Hootenanny (to Farm Party)
- Cut A Rug/Imelda’s Way (to Inside Out)
- Sugar Kane (to It Happens)
- Cowgirl’s Twist/Happy (to Happy)
- Tush Push (to Should’ve Been A Cowboy)
- I Walk Alone (to I Walk Alone)
Additionally, we will dance in Warrenville both Saturday and Sunday nights this weekend. It will be our only dances this month, which is unusual, but that’s the way the schedule worked out. Hope you can make it!
Famous Freddie’s in Fox Lake will begin next week, June 14, instead of tomorrow. They have a standing event on the first Saturday of every month, so dancing will be the second through fourth Saturdays. This should be the last detail to be worked out for a while.
See you on the dance floor, for a THREEPEAT!