As cold weather is on the horizon, it’s clear that all the dancing I lead, whether 3 hour dances or 90 minute mini-dances with new dances taught (yes, that’s what classes are in reality) will soon be meeting inside. I hope more of you will start to feel comfortable, and return, as it’s SO encouraging to see fellow line dancers and socialize with them! It restores our hearts and souls, for sure, and gives us more strength to deal with the stresses of life. In line dancing, we are already spaced apart, so if you are ready, so am 🙂
I’ll be moving the Tuesday Intermediate 2 and Wednesday Beginner 2 morning classes to LOVV The Dance Studio (600 S. County Farm Rd., Second Floor, Wheaton) starting November 3. It’s a beautiful, roomy studio above Dunkin’ Donuts & Great Clips on the northwest corner of County Farm & Roosevelt Roads, and I look forward to this being one or our new homes! We’ll be the only ones in the studio and bathrooms are available. Please make a note of this; we should be able to dance outside at these classes through the rest of October. As for the Tuesday evening Beginner 2 class, perhaps you would be able to switch to Thursday evenings at 7:15, as we have a beautiful wood floor provided to us in a private residence. Because of the reduced number of people dancing, we have plenty of room. Couples in-person lessons are targeted to return in February.
Line Dance Schedule thru Monday (please be certain to register for virtual lessons at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtualby 7 pm Sunday for Monday & Wednesday’s 7 pm classes):
– Intermediate IN-PERSON Drop-In Line Dance Class from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST Inside in Aurora, $8 (no pre-registration needed, contact me for the address of this private residence)
– Beginner 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 6:15 – 7:30 pm CST (taught by Betsy) Inside at 7301 Fairview Ave., in Darien (pre-registration only at www.darienparks.com)
– Intermediate IN-PERSON Drop-In Line Dance Class from 5:30 – 7:00 pm CST Inside in Wheaton, $8 (no pre-registration needed, contact me for the address of this private residence)
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Line Dance Class from 7:15 – 8:45 pm CST Inside in Wheaton, $8 (no pre-registration needed, contact me for the address of this private residence)
– Intermediate Night – IN-PERSON Line Dancing from 6:00 – 9:00 pm CST, Inside in Aurora, $10 (pre-register at www.dancewithjanet.com/upcomingevents, address will be provided in emailed registration receipt)
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 10:00 – 11:15 am CST, $24/3 classes (Session 6, Class #2 of 3, Recording Provided)
- American Kids by Gloria Stone
- Honky Tonk Highway by Kelly Cavallaro
- Blurred Lines by Chicago Edmonds
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST, $24/3 classes (Session 5, Class #2 of 3, FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- I Brake For Brunettes by Unknown
- Back on Texas Time by Gail Dawson
- Thunderfoot by Georgeanne Valis and Adelaide & Joe Availa
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- The Fighter by Rob Holley (full teach, danced twice)
- Walking Away by Rachael McEnaney (full teach, danced twice)
- Men In Black by James O. Kellerman (full teach, danced twice)
DWJ In-Person Mask Policy: Masks are optional. When we dance inside, it’s with limited attendance in a big space so we can be adequately spaced apart and comfortably line dance without masks. During classes in Park Districts, that rule applies also, but masks are required in common areas. Additionally, Bloomingdale & Wheaton Park Districts requires masks the entire time we are in one of their facilities, even when we’re dancing.
As always, sign up for virtual lessons at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual by 7 pm Sunday for Monday & Wednesday’s 7 pm classes. I continue to look forward to dancing with you!