It’s getting close to time to come home. I’ve been hanging out with my family these last couple of weeks – not gallivanting at different attractions or attending concerts or visiting theme parks; just being home with the cousins. Everything is closed, just like back home. I’m still amazed at how life has changed all over. Although some states are more open than others, all the ones I’ve visited on the way here (Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, as well as California) feel the same. People wear masks and only talk to those they know.
I’ll be driving home from the 7th to the 10th, passing through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and then into Illinois. It’s such a feeling of freedom to see so much of this incredible country, and travelling is a welcome distraction from all the stress that’s happening politically. Although I will miss the sunshine and lovely temperatures here, it will be good to be home again.
This covid mess isn’t over yet. I hope you’ll continue to line dance online with me; it’s better than nothing and will help you remember what you still know! Register for classes and dancing at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual. The schedule for the week of 1/4/2021 is as follows:
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (3 dances taught in full; Recording Provided):
- Have Fun Go Mad by Scott Blevins
- Keep ‘Em Comin’ by Larry Bass
- Zjozzy’s Funk by Petra Van De Velde
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST, $8 – Ready to learn to line dance? I’ll be teaching like I would in person if you’ve never tried this before. Learn from home so you’ll be know what you’re doing when we resume dancing together in person!
– Beginner 1/2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities – $1 suggested donation; you’ll be billed monthly via email)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL 6-Dance Review Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided):
- Knee Deep by Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs
- Keep ‘Em Comin’ by Larry Bass
- Weekend Ruined by Rob Holley
- Jai du Boogie by Max Perrry
- Four on the Floor by Matt Thompson & Mishi Ziminski
- Coconut Water by Trevor Thornton
Just to spice things up, I’ll be featuring different choreographers at Monday & Wednesday evening classes through February. I’ll send out an email soon listing the complete schedule.
Also, Park District classes are tentatively scheduled to resume the week of January 10th. If classes really can begin that week, they’ll be prorated, as the original start dates for a lot of them are the week of January 3rd.
If you haven’t taken advantage of the time at home to learn how to dance yet, grab some pre-recorded lessons from my website. The virtual page has TONS, and couples lessons and video reviews can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/products. Learn from home so you’ll know what you’re doing when we all dance together in person again!