You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink…remember that line? Oh, so true. We are one step ahead of the crowd when we know what our issues are (yes I know, I've got an Achilles heel that so many of you roll your eyes about – myself included), but until we get working on those problems, we're only playing this game of life with our cards in our hands. We may all roll our eyes at the stupid horse who won't drink when life-giving water is offered, but how many of us are the same way? We whine about what we know needs attention in our lives…but do nothing.
Let's identify our problems, and then get to work on them! If we won't, no one else will. They sure won't go away on their own!!
- Our next big show is the LABOR DAY PARADE in Schaumburg on September 7th. This is the third largest parade in the Chicagoland area (after Chicago and Naperville), so the audience will be HUGE, and the performances FABULOUS! Please join me in your Dance With Janet shirt and BLUE DENIM BOTTOMS!! The playlist has been updated – please take note!!! The parade steps out at 10 am, and we are at the END. Therefore I suggest you plan to arrive between 9:30 – 10:30. Go to www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for details – scroll down to the RED PERFORMANCE calendar.
- We'll also be performing at Warrenville's Art On The Prairie Festival next weekend, Saturday 9/12 and Sunday 9/13
- NO CLASSES MONDAY (LABOR DAY) – the next session of Monday classes resumes Monday, September 14th
- The next session of dance classes begins Tuesday, September 8th, and includes a four-week couples Two Step class on Thursdays through October 8th in Carol Stream from 7:15 – 8:30 pm (this Two Step class WILL RUN and includes video reviews, like all my classes). I'm only going to be offering couples classes on Thursdays through the end of the year, so if you'd like to catch a class at this time slot, please do so soon! See www.dancewithjanet.com/
teachingschedule for more info
- I'll be teaching at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) Tuesday & Friday but I'm not sure what yet. I haven't solidified the schedule yet…it's on my list
- On Saturday, September 26th, I'll be the guest instructor at Cadillac Ranch, teaching Two Step. Mark your calendars!
- Cruise Early Bird Dance Lessons are $55 thru September 30 – take advantage of the reduced cost before the price increases on October 1st! See www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016; it's the bright pink button on the left. ONLY 3 MORE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE in our room block!!!
- Windy City Line Dance Mania will be held at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Rosemont October 1 – 4. If you would like to join Chicagoland's biggest line dance party, registration forms can be found at www.countryedge.com. Please note you are with the Dance With Janet group to qualify for the 4 day group rate
Whew! Too bad life is so boring. I'll see you on the dance floor!