Winter sure has lasted FOREVER…but Spring is on its way!! Before we know it, it’ll be concert season. We have the BEST country bands in Chicagoland, and we could be dancing outside to live bands every day of the week if we wanted to – and some of us do!
In order to encourage more people to dance at concerts, I’ve assembled a list of the 20 easiest and most versatile dances, which will work with the majority of songs played by all bands. These dances will be taught at all upcoming Dance With Janet Beginner classes. ELEVEN Beginner classes are offered every week, so there should be one near you. You’ll learn the dances concert-going line dancers are already doing, and you’ll be able to jump right in!
Additionally, the playlist has been solidified for this summer’s performances. Find it at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Join me TONIGHT as we dance in Kuhn Barn at Fermilab with DJ Jeff from 7 – 10 pm ($7 cover)
- This Tuesday, we’ll be dancing at the Carol Stream American Legion, 570 S. Gary Ave., in Carol Stream. We’ll be here on the 4th Tuesday of each month throughout 2018
- Catch up on your Beginner 1 dances and get a little exercise in, the fun way – at our DROP-IN Beginner 1 line dance classes at DWJ‘s new partner location, Front Street Dance Studio, 26W229 Geneva Rd. in Wheaton. Choose 10 – 11:15 on Thursdays (taught by Cathy) or 1 – 2:15 on Fridays (taught by Karen) – or both!!! No experience is required – and no night driving is, either! $7/class, pay as you go
- Join the NEW EVENT, Intermediate ONLY Dances, from 7-10 pm (preceded by a potluck dinner from 6-7), at Front Street Dance Studio on 4/13, 6/22, and 7/28
- Our next “I-DAY” will be MAY 19th & AUGUST 25th, from 4 – 9:30 pm (lessons from 4-6, dinner from 6-7, and dancing from 7-9:30), at the Geneva American Legion.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! We sail MARCH 1 – 10, 2019. At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it’s unbeatable in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already. Our room block is over 1/3 full! I have a couple of people in the queue who are looking for roommates, so if you might be too, let’s talk!
See you on the dance floor – you are loved!!