My "bestie", Julie, lives in ANCHORAGE, ALASKA, and since I had most of this upcoming week off due to the (cancelled) cruise of 2018, I decided to take advantage of the time off and run away to somewhere warm. Warm at heart, that is…although it looks like The Final Frontier will be above zero next week. The other times I've visited in January it was -20 degrees, and it felt like -40 with the wind chill. It's a regular heat wave up there now. We'll probably grill out! (And yes, I HAVE seen a moose like the one pictured, during my first visit to Alaska. He was wandering through the parking lot of Julie's apartment complex; I saw him when we pulled in from the airport on the evening I arrived!)
Once upon a time I wished everyone would like me. Sadness was my constant companion, as I knew not everyone did. I don't remember when my revelation came when I realized it was OKAY that everyone did not like me, as I couldn't possibly have a close friendship with each person I knew, but when that realization arrived, I was SO relieved. A weight had been lifted from my heart. I began to enjoy being acquaintances with everyone, and I developed just a couple of deep friendships. I have been blessed to have known Julie since we were sophomores in high school; our friendship has stood the test of time and remained strong. No matter what life has thrown our way, we have always been able to talk about it and accept each other's decisions about how we have handled it. I was and still am relieved and delighted to have had her and a few other close friends throughout my life, as well as the countless acquaintances. My prayer is that you are able to say the same about your friendships in your life. Friendships are about quality, not quantity!
Starting tomorrow, I'll be catching up with Julie and her family, so most of my classes will not meet next week. If your class is NOT on the schedule below, enjoy your time off! Adjustments to the DWJ Schedule are:
- DJ Jeff will run the dances on
- Friday the 19th at the Geneva American Legion (BRIDGE)
- Tuesday the 23rd at the West Chicago American Legion (All Requests)
- Friday the 26th at Fermilab (All Requests – BYOB)
- Monday's 9:30 Elgin class WILL meet; Dolly & Makis will review dances
- Monday's 1:30 Hanover Park class WILL meet; Jane & Karen will review dances
- Monday's 6:30 Itasca class WILL meet; Cathie teaches this class
- Wednesday's 10:00 Monarch Landing class WILL meet; Karen will substitute teach
- Thursday's 10:00 Front Street class WILL meet; Cathy teaches this class
- Thursday's 5:30 Attic class WILL meet; Courtney will substitute teach
- Friday's 1:00 Front Street class WILL meet; Karen teaches this class
ADDITIONAL DANCE DETAILS:
- Catch up on your Beginner 1 dances and get a little exercise in, the fun way – at our DROP-IN Beginner 1 line dance classes at DWJ‘s new partner location, Front Street Dance Studio, 26W229 Geneva Rd. in Wheaton. Choose 10 – 11:15 on Thursdays (taught by Cathy) or 1 – 2:15 on Fridays (taught by Karen) – or both!!! No experience is required – and no night driving is, either! $7/class, pay as you go
- New COUPLES’ CLASSES start Thursday, FEBRUARY 22nd, at 7:30 in Wheaton. I’ll be presenting an intro to Couples’ Country for six classes, including theory, some pattern dances, and Double Two & Two Step. See the Teaching Schedule page for registration & location info for this and all the other levels of classes offered
- “I-DAY” is on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd, at Front Street Dance Studio, from 3:30 – 9:30. I-Day is short for “Intermediate-Day”. In the afternoon, Julie Hein will be presenting her Spins & Turns class, and I’ll be teaching intermediate dances. We’ll break for a potluck dinner and then have an intermediate dance in the evening. Did I mention this is an INTERMEDIATE day? We’ll only be doing more difficult dances. Pre-register and save some $$ at www.dancewithjanet.com/
products. Save the date for a day of dancing the harder stuff!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
se2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
I’ll miss you, and will see you again on the 29th. You are loved!!