When I think about my past behavior, especially over the last few years, I’m amazed. WHAT was I thinking? I just can’t believe so many of the things I did. HOW was I operating? I don’t even recognize myself. Can I be forgiven for what I’ve done? Can I forgive MYSELF? Now I “get it” when I hear people say they’ve done too many things that can’t be overlooked. They can, but I understand now. Unquestionably, there are consequences for bad behavior. Forgiveness is a rough thing to do and to receive. But we need to understand and do it to progress in our lives.
So many problems result in our lives from issues still unforgiven. We’ve all been hurt, and that hurt will never go away unless we consciously release it, and forgive the person who hurt us – even if that person was OURSELVES. When people do things that hurt our feelings, they often go on their merry way without a second thought, while we wallow in our pain. Likewise, when we do things that we regret, we mentally re-live that behavior and chastise ourselves for our poor choices. In both situations, we hold onto the pain instead of letting it go…instead of forgiving it.
Merriam-Webster defines forgiveness as “to stop feeling anger toward (someone who has done something wrong), to stop blaming (someone)” and “to cease to feel resentment against (an offender)”. To forgive is an intentional choice which follows understanding what was done, acknowledging the pain, and choosing to not be upset by it anymore. It’s simple, but not easy. And it’s vital to our emotional stability.
In my world, I finally feel like me again. I’m glad I’m going through all my stuff; mentally, emotionally, and physically. I’ve never felt like I’ve “cleaned house” like I have lately. I’ve forgiven those who’ve hurt me, which includes ME. So many of the things I wish were different are the way they are because of choices I’ve made – they are MY OWN FAULT!! But I know I’m not a perfect person; only Jesus is. We ALL make mistakes; some little ones, and some doozies. I’ve had more than my share of giant screw-ups. But that’s ok…now I know what NOT to do in my future.
Can I get an “Amen!”?
See you on the dance floor TONIGHT at the West Chicago VFW!
- BEGINNING FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2nd, a week from today, I’ll be reinstating dances at the Geneva American Legion Post 75 on the 1st & 3rd Fridays. They have a LOVELY maple wood floor, and I like visiting different places to dance…visit the Upcoming Events for a full list of dance venues. I’m also adding a dance EVERY THURSDAY at the Wheaton VFW BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 8th – and you’ve heard about KINFORK BBQ in Woodfield Mall? We’ll dance at Kinfork on the third Sunday of the month, starting SEPTEMBER 18th
- SALE!! ALL DVD’s are 25% off through August 31st at any dances I host. Yes, I accept credit cards!
- The next Warrenville Line Dance Workshop is SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13th, from 3 – 5:15
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 13,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS debuts 9/13 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- I’ll be teaching a difficult intermediate line dance lesson BEFORE the dances on Tuesdays for an extra $3. On 8/30 I’ll teach SO JUST DANCE DANCE DANCE, and on 9/6 it’ll be CHILL FACTOR (both at the Wheaton VFW)
- The Friday morning Intermediate 1 class resumed meeting at the St. Charles Salvation Army today, August 26th
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2017
- OUR NEXT PRE-CRUISE PARTY IS THIS SUNDAY, 8/28 from 2 – 6 pm at Bonnie’s house, 22W255 Glen Park Rd in Glen Ellyn. If you are considering the cruise, come to this party (please bring a dish to pass if possible), as it will be a question-and-answer, get-to-know you meeting