I returned last night from a refreshing week’s vacation to Covington, Kentucky and Nashville, Tennessee. Take a look at Nashville from the fourth floor rooftop lounge of Tootsie’s on Broadway. Doesn’t the town look like a child’s toy village? The Strip of Nashville is a busy, hopping place with people shoulder to shoulder at night, both on the street and in every establishment. Yet at the moment this picture was snapped, only a smattering of people are visible, and the town looks tiny. What you see in the picture is not really an accurate representation of reality, even though technically, since it is a photo, it is.
Appearances can be deceiving. What you see may not accurately reflect the truth. We can apply that to so many topics, but consider this in regards to the problems in your life. They truly may not be so bad. Even when we get discouraged by our issues, and what we see looks awful, is it as terrible as it seems? I’ll grant you that sometimes the answer is yes, as life does deal lousy hands. But MOST of the time, the answer is no. I try to look for the silver lining in every cloud, because one usually exists. What we see is not always a true reflection of the truth.
I am so glad I was able to get away for this past week with some good friends and recharge my energy batteries. My daily life is busy, and many people ask how I keep up with my “crazy” schedule – which I love, and is (surprise!) not as bad as it seems. I feel renewed by the break, and can’t wait to get back to traveling to you and teaching you fun dances. I didn’t NEED time away, as I love my life! But I do feel even better. And that’s the truth!!
- DWJ classes & dances resume THIS WEEK! See you on the dance floor Tuesday at the Wheaton VFW, and Friday at Tequila Roadhouse. Bloomingdale’s Monday class has been cancelled, but all the others are running
- I have 4 beginner and 4 intermediate line dances to share with you. How could I spend time with choreographers Lynn Card & Rob Holley and not return with new material? Come on out and learn them; woohoo!!
- ONE spot opened up for an interior room at the group rate of $722 for the Dance With Janet Cruise! Take a look at all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2019. Save 2/10/19 for our final Pre-Cruise Party at Karen’s house. Check in online any time; we sail in 7 WEEKS!!
- Prices increase to $8/class or dance on January 1st, 2019
- DWJ eGift cards are still available at https://squareup.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s eaten too much lately. Time to get moving and dance!! Two weeks away from dancing is ENOUGH; anyone with me? I’ll see you TODAY or TOMORROW or WHENEVER. Let’s get this show back on the road!!