You hear businesses talking about their Purpose, Vision, and Mission all the time – but why? What’s it REALLY mean? And who cares? And – here’s the big one – does it really matter to ME?
I’m going to say, YES, it does. So many of us coast through life with the same daily grind. We wake up in the morning, go to work, come home, make dinner, decide what to do for the evening (I mean, where to go to DANCE for the evening!), and then go to bed. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. What’s the point?
I’ve been doing a bit of studying on life Purpose, Vision, and Mission, and I’m going to suggest that these three issues are critical for us all to enjoy life to the fullest and make the good, BETTER, and the excellent, the BEST. We ALL need to define our Purpose, Vision, and Mission – and it’s simpler than I thought!
What Are The Definitions?
Purpose: Your PASSION; Point A. What drives you? What do you HAVE to do, to be fulfilled? (Ponder what your core, or your main focus, is)
Vision: Your GOAL: Point B. Where are you going? What/WHO do you want to be in the future? (Think of what you would like said of you when you are gone. How would you like people to describe you?)
Mission: Your ROADMAP. How are you going to apply your PURPOSE (or, getting from point A) to accomplish your VISION (arriving at Point B)? What are your acceptable methods of operation/behavior? (Decide what you would do NOW)
This will take some thinking. Be honest with yourself; it’s FUN and EYE-OPENING! You can make this time as soul-searching as you like; it’s up to you. It’s worth the effort! Please let me know what you discover about yourself on my blog or on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
I can’t wait to hear about it!
- I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. TOMORROW, FRIDAY 1/15, I’ll be teaching COUNTY ROAD 44, LITTLE RED BOOK, & ELECTRIC HORSEMAN. Doors open at 6 and we’ll start lessons & open dancing as soon as y’all get there! Cadillac Ranch is no longer presenting live bands on Fridays. TUESDAY 1/19, lessons are I LOVE THIS LIFE at 7:30 & HOLLER BACK at 8:30. See you there!!
- Our next Warrenville dances are THIS SATURDAY, January 16th (7-10 pm, following the PRE-CRUISE PARTY), & NEXT SUNDAY, January 24th (6-9 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 24th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for $5)
- CLASSES HAVE RESUMED! I teach SIXTEEN classes a week, and host THREE dances per week. You have TONS of options to Dance With Janet! My entire schedule can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- The Thursday 1 pm St. Charles class which meets at the Salvation Army building has MOVED TO FRIDAY at the same location at 10 am
- Saturday’s 5 pm Warrenville class will not meet 1/16 due to the Pre-Cruise party
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time on 4/9/16. If you have any unused punches on your punch card, please use them up before then, as this class at this time will no longer be offered after 4/9
- Hanover Park’s Monday class will not meet 1/18 due to the Martin Luther King holiday
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos are posted to my Facebook page.
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT – BUT ONE SPOT HAS OPENED UP!! Are you a fantastic single woman? If you’d like to room with two other fabulous single women, your base rate would be $717 (plus gratuities and airfare). Contact me for more details. We sail in 37 DAYS – if you’ve been waiting till the last minute, that minute is here!
- Email me your flight arrangements so we can co-ordinate carpooling to the airport(s), please
- Dance Lessons are now at the final price tier of $85
- Lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2016
- We’ll be getting together on SATURDAY JANUARY 16th from 3 – 6:30 at Bonnie’s home in Glen Ellyn for a PRE-CRUISE PARTY!! Hopefully a lot of the out-of-state people can attend. We’ll all head over to the dance at Warrenville afterwards. PLEASE BRING AN APPETIZER OR DESSERT DISH TO PASS, if possible. We’ll be compiling an order for DWJ shirts, as well
- Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate (which are decent at this very moment for inside & obstructed ocean view cabins ONLY)
- Classes will not meet the week of the cruise, and my daughter Kat will teach for me at Cadillac Ranch while I’m gone
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for MARCH 13. I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!
See you on the dance floor!