Without a doubt, we are all dealt different hands in life. Some people seem to have a perpetual cloud over their heads. Others seem to live a charmed life. But even if problems. dodge us constantly, it's still possible for our lives to go well. It's all about how we are playing our hands.
Remember the inspiring stories we have been told, the tales of people who have had great adversity and have risen above it and are living phenomenally productive lives despite it?
Consider Joni Eareckson Tada, who was a normal teenager until she dove into a lake and hit her head on the bottom and instantly became a quadriplegic. Not only is she happily married now, but she has written multiple books, cut a few albums, and created magnificent masterpieces which she has painted with a brush held IN HER TEETH.
What about Nick Vujicic, who is a successful motivational speaker, husband, and father, and has NO ARMS OR LEGS?
The list goes on. We inspire others AND OURSELVES when we take the lousy experiences in our lives, the lemons, & handle them well by making lemonade out of them. Even in the depths of poverty we've seen and heard of people who spirits are at peace because they find happiness, despite their circumstances. Having the Lord's joy in our souls is what makes all the difference in the world. His peace that passes all understanding helps us play our hands with a smile.
Even if Christmas isn't the perfect holiday we wish it would be, the kind the world says it SHOULD be, it can still be a wonderful experience, based on how we play it. There's an ace in our hands somewhere. It's up to us to find it. Happy shuffling – and Merry Christmas to you!
- NEW DROP-IN Beginner 1 line dance classes at Front Street Dance Studio, 26W229 Geneva Rd. in Wheaton. Choose 10 – 11:15 on Thursdays or 1 – 2:15 on Fridays – or both!!! No experience is required – and no night driving is, either! $7/class, pay as you go. Classes begin January 4th & 5th, 2018
- NO DANCE TOMORROW evening. Our next dance will be NEXT YEAR on Tuesday, January 2nd, at the Wheaton VFW, from 7 – 10
- New COUPLES CLASSES start Thursday, January 4th, at 7:30. See the Teaching Schedule page for registration & location info
- Visit the Upcoming Events page for more details on when and where we dance
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- About 15 in-person classes per week are offered by the Dance With Janet team; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
I pray you are having a wonderful season with your family and friends! You are SO loved!!