Happy Monday to us all! I’m always excited to see Mondays and see what’s in store. It’s a mini “I Can Start Over, Learn More, and Do Better” kind of thing, and this week is no exception. There’s a LOT of classes to attend, people to see, dances to dance…and opportunities to perform and perfect our craft. Ready? The month of May will truly be one wild ride!
- On Saturday, May 4th, at 1:30 pm, Warrenville Park District will host their Spring Dance Show. If you’ve ever taken a class with me at WPD, you are welcome to perform and should have received an email from me with all the details. If I missed you, please contact me directly. Beginners will be dancing Charleston Cowboy & DHSS to the song, “Coffee”, and the intermediate dancers will dance Dizzy to Scooter Lee’s song of the same name.
- COUPLES, please join us for your field trip to CADILLAC RANCH on Sunday, May 5th from 6-10 pm to dance all the pattern dances you’ve so diligently learned! It’s also Cinco De Mayo and Rob’s Birthday Party…and we all know how Rob knows how to party. It will be a great night out; $12 buys you an all-you-can-eat buffet, 2 drinks, and open dancing. Such a deal!
- Line Dancers are booked for Carol Stream’s Just Play event at 2 pm on Sunday, May 19th at the newly remodeled Town Centre at Gary & Lies Roads in Carol Stream. Call is 1:30…please wear your Dance With Janet shirts if you have them (and the most recent order should be delivered at the next Warrenville dance on the 4th and thereafter). EVERYONE is welcome; come dance any and all dances that you know. Our playlist is…drumroll please:
- Wannabe (to WHO WOULDN’T WANNA BE ME)
- Ah Si (to WHEN CAN I SEE YOU AGAIN)
- Catch My Breath
- Charleston Cowboy (to MAMA’S BROKEN HEART)
- DHSS (to COFFEE)
- Skip (to DONE)
- Finally, DANZAPALOOZA (www.danzapalooza.com) is a new dance convention coming to the Chicago area May 24-26th (Lisle, to be exact). I will be teaching 5 classes at this event (Intro to Line Dance Steps, Raincheck/Pieces, All You Need Is Me, Fake ID, & a partner pattern dance, Sweet Revenge). Over 50 workshops are scheduled – couples and lines, country and LOTS of non-country, and I cannot wait to attend! In addition, the Cadillac Ranch Dance Team will be performing at the Saturday night show. Yeeha!! I encourage you to spend a weekend away dancing; the schedule is out of this world. I’ve never seen so many different types of dances offered in one place. Please check it out, and when you register, enter the promo code “JANET” in your registration, and that will put us all together at the same tables so we can REALLY hang out together!!
So mark your calendars and grab your dance shoes, and this month I will REALLY see you on the dance floor. 🙂