I moved into Geneva in 1999, and found the American Legion Post 75 within a month (since it’s right across the street from the library, and I’m a library gal). Of course I peeked in the window and saw the MAPLE HARDWOOD FLOOR, and thought, boy, would it be cool to have a dance here. WELL, as of TONIGHT, there’ll be no more wondering! I host my first dance there from 7 – 10 pm, with lessons at 7:30 and 8:30, and would love to try out the floor with you! Are you game? If we like it, we may continue dancing there!
It’s gotten kind of crazy, trying to keep track of all these halls. I’m visiting 6 more in the next 3 days. As much as I enjoyed dancing on the floor at the LITH American Legion Post 1231, I think long term it will be too small, so I’m checking into other venues. We will still dance there in April as scheduled, on the second & fourth Tuesdays. I plan to stay at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164 for the first and third Tuesdays until further notice; it was a VERY good fit between our group and the veterans there (they REALLY liked us!!!).
I’m excited to announce that one of the venues I contacted is willing to try us out!! Next Friday, April 15th, we’ll dance at the West Chicago VFW 6791, 431 N. Neltnor Blvd, from 7 – 10 pm (this is the building with the tank and airplane in front of it on Route 59). This hall is HUGE…as in, close to the size of the floor at the former Cadillac Ranch. Save the date – I’m hoping this location is a keeper, as SPACE is NOT a problem!! Parking is more than adequate, and they’ll allow us to bring in our own water (as well as offering full bar services). My contact and I are both hopeful that we could dance here twice a month, long term.
- We will be dancing at the Warrenville Senior Health & Wellness Fair this Tuesday, April 12th, from 10 – 10:30 am. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans. Anyone who has the urge to dance is welcome!!! Dances include:
- Waltz Across Texas
- Jo & Jo Tango
- Imelda’s Way
- Come Dance With Me
- Wagon Wheel
- Uno Dos Tres
- Shut Up & Dance
- Blue Night Cha
- NEW to line dancing? I’m debuting a BRAND NEW BEGINNER 1 CLASS starting APRIL 11th at the Wheaton Leisure Center, 208 W. Union in Wheaton, from 5:30 – 6:45 pm. CONGRATULATIONS to Wheaton’s Wednesday Beginner 1 class (which meets from 5 – 6:15), which will be GRADUATING to Beginner 2 starting April 13th!! Woohoo!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, April 16th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 10th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the Stampede on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5).
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time THIS SATURDAY, 4/9. My daughter Kat will cover this class so you can meet her, as this class is moving to Thursdays at 7 pm, effective this Thursday. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class.
- We’ll be performing AMERICAN POP Saturday, April 30th, at 1 pm at Hubble Middle School. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans. Call is 12:30 on the stage.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page.
- The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet Cruise 2017 details have been finalized! Check out all the juicy details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
See you on the dance floor!