Have you recovered from your New Year’s Eve celebration last night yet? I have, but I’m still in my pj’s, working and relaxing. My headache has finally receded 🙂 This is my kind of day to start the new year, with this crisp, sunny, lovely air! One REMINDER – I will not be at Cadillac Ranch tonight; no lessons will be offered. The club will open at 9 pm tonight for a mix of music.
I’ve always loved Christmas. ALWAYS…but this past Christmas, it was different. Everything has changed; everything was a struggle. I’m glad God is using my pain to make me more sensitive to other people; that’s a good thing. It’s proving to me that God CAN and will work things out, and sometimes in ways I don’t understand or expect.
Every day I thank God for the fenced-in yard so I don’t have to walk the dogs 5 times a day. Every day I thank Him for being back HOME. Every day I thank Him for ALL OF YOU, and your friendships! And now that 2016 has officially hit, I thank Him that 2015 is over, instead of asking Him to speed up time so it would be. Last year was the roughest year in recent memory, and the sense of relief I felt when the clock struck midnight last night was palpable. Isn’t that strange? But there’s something that resonates with all of us about starting a new year, which feels like a new chapter, in our lives.
I was recently asked, In what aspect(s) of life do you want to start over? I hesitated; I found it difficult to put my answer into words. As you ask YOURSELF and ponder, I wish you clarity of thought to honestly answer that question. I wish you self-discipline to follow through on your decisions. And I wish you PEACE, as you learn to trust the LORD of Lords and KING of Kings as He works in your life.
365 New Days…365 New Chances. What a gift!!
- Our next Warrenville dances are TOMORROW, January 2nd, from 7-10 pm and SUNDAY, January 10th (6-9 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for $5).
- Reminder: CLASSES RESUME THIS MONDAY, and the regular schedule kicks in for the whole week. My entire schedule can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to start dancing or get back to it – that time is NOW!!
- Monday’s classes are 6:30 for Intermediate 1 and 8:00 for Beginner 2 in Wheaton (Couples Patterns has been cancelled).
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER 1 class debuts in Carol Stream at 7 pm on Thursday!
- The Thursday 1 pm St. Charles class which meets at the Salvation Army building MOVES TO FRIDAY at the same location at 10 am, starting 1/8.
- I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. On TUESDAY 1/5 I’ll be teaching KICK THE DUST UP at 7:30 & HOLLER BACK at 8:30. FRIDAY 1/8 I’ll present BLOW ME A KISS, DHSS, & COWBOY RYHTHM MIXER. Doors open at 6 and we’ll start lessons & open dancing as soon as y’all get there! See you there!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT!! We sail NEXT MONTH; classes will not meet that week, and my daughter Kat will teach for me at Cadillac Ranch while I’m gone. Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate (which are decent at this very moment for inside cabins ONLY).
- Email me your flight arrangements so we can co-ordinate carpooling to the airport(s), please
- Dance Lessons are now at the final price tier of $85
- Lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2016
- We’ll be getting together on SATURDAY JANUARY 16th from 3 – 6:30 at Bonnie’s home in Glen Ellyn for a PRE-CRUISE PARTY; save the date!! Hopefully a lot of the out-of-state people can attend. We’ll all head over to dance at Warrenville afterwards. PLEASE BRING AN APPETIZER OR DESSERT DISH TO PASS, if possible.
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for MARCH 13. I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!
I’ll see you on the dance floor…TOMORROW!