I dance with HUNDREDS of you every week, in classes and at evening dances. Each and every time we get together, there’s something missing: DRAMA. In it’s place? PEACE. I see you laughing, talking, dancing, and basically being in healthy, happy relationships with each other. Repeatedly I’ve seen and heard of problems being solved between yourselves and relationships remaining cordial, even if they might not be as close as they once were. I’ve witnessed close to thousands of people acting like adults – talk about inspirational!! KUDOS to you all; it CAN be done!!!!! You’ve made it a delight to interact with you, no matter where, no matter what circumstances!!!
Thank you for your friendships and what I’ve learned about being friendly with large amounts of people. It’s not about being best buds with everyone, as that’s IMPOSSIBLE. But it IS about being kind to each other, and creating welcoming environments where people feel comfortable and safe. We have done that in this dance community, and it’s truly priceless. YEA!!! Let the good times continue to roll; let’s keep this going!!
To show the world what we do, and how much fun it is, I’ve organized some performances. You are ALL welcome if you are comfortable with the dances – but you DO need to wear a Dance With Janet shirt (they can be ordered at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- American Pop & Jan Loves to Boogie (to Shake Your Groove Thing)
- Jordin’s Step & Wallflower (to One Step At A Time)
- Greater Than Me & Cowboy Up (to Greater)
- Honey I’m Good (to Honey I’m Good)
- Cliche Love Song & Cliche Baby (to Cliche Love Song)
- Dizzy & Mamma Maria (to Cake By The Ocean)
- Cruisin’ (to Dance With Ya)
- Better When I’m Dancing & When I’m Dancing (to Better When I’m Dancing)
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 in case we are hungry.
- EVERY FRIDAY we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! They offer pizzas for sale from $5.50 – $6.50
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Yes, this is the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, June 4th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in June) & SUNDAY, June 12th (6-9 pm, our only Sunday dance in Warrenville in June) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Sunday’s dance on the 12th will be preceded by 2 hours of “BOOT CAMP” – couples lessons by Julie & Don and beginner line dance lessons by Yours Truly. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances are: Rotary Grove Fest in Downers Grove 6/25, Swedish Days Parade in Geneva 6/26, Warrenville Independence Day Parade 7/3, Wheaton Independence Day Parade 7/4, Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 7/9, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18 (see www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for exact locations & times)
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until11/20/16, and cruise lines have been known to pull unsold reserved group rate cabins without warning. Secure the LOW rate that we have by choosing your cabin TODAY! Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2017
See you on the dance floor!