I’ve been dancing since 1998, and I was hooked at my very first lesson. Of course the choreography and music had me mesmerized, but what I really fell in love with, hard? The FLOOR.
Never had I seen so many silky floors where I felt like I was flying while still on my feet. I still love it, and so have quite a collection of suede-soled dance shoes…and purple dresses to complete the ensemble, of course. When covid hit and I had to accept that dancing on concrete, grass, gravel, & blacktop were in my immediate future, I was upset…and linoleum (which is not my favorite) didn’t look so bad.
Thankfully things are starting to open up, now that the vaccine is becoming available. I will be hosting and teaching 2 line dance lessons at The SPOTTED FOX at SPRING HILL MALL in Carpentersville (near routes 31 & 72) starting THIS SATURDAY from 8 pm – midnight with DJ Atlas, and we’ll be inside on a smooth dance floor – HOORAY!!! I am SO looking forward to a normal night of country dancing inside. We will also be dancing today, Sunday January 17th, In-Person from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST, text me at 630-492-0401 for details.
Line dancing online will continue, as it’s still the most comfortable venue for a lot of dancers. Register for classes and dancing at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual. The schedule for the week of 1/18/2021 is as follows:
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class (LYNN CARD NIGHT) from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (3 dances taught in full; Recording Provided):
- I’m Comin’ In Hot
- We Were Us
– Beginner 2 In-Person Line Dance Class from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8 – text me at 630-492-0401 for the details
– Beginner 1/2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities – $1 suggested donation; you’ll be billed monthly via email)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL 6-Dance Review Class (LYNN CARD NIGHT) from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided):
- Night Shift
- Grand Daddy Long Legs
- I’m Comin’ In Hot
- We Were Us
- Dance With You Jesus
– Intermediate In-Person Line Dance Class from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8 – text me at 630-492-0401 for the details
– Intermediate Nite, In-Person from 6:00 – 9:00 pm CST, $10 – text me at 630-492-0401 for the details
SATURDAY: SPOTTED FOX at Spring Hill Mall, 8:00 pm – midnight
– Beginner Dance, In-Person from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST, $10 – text me at 630-492-0401 for the details
Park District classes are tentatively scheduled to resume mid-February. Wheaton Park District has cancelled classes till March.
If you haven’t taken advantage of the time at home to learn how to dance yet, grab some pre-recorded lessons from my website. The virtual page has TONS, and couples lessons and video reviews can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/products. Learn from home so you’ll know what you’re doing when we all dance together in person again!