That one word evokes so much emotion in us all. It takes us back to our childhood, our memories with our own children, and our longings for what we wish we could have…and what we used to have, and now have lost. It truly is the best of times, and the worst of times, for so many of us. As exciting as "The Season" is, it's also a time dreaded.
I've experienced the full range of experiences and feelings, like most of you. When my kids ran down the stairs on Christmas morning to see a tree piled with gifts for them, I was in heaven. When I woke up one Christmas totally alone, I was in that other place. Yet how different is that than our daily lives?
Every day, Christmas or not, we have the choice to focus on our blessings, or our pain. We all have plenty of BOTH. Choose to REMEMBER the magic of the past…DISCOVER the miracles of today…and ANTICIPATE the surprises of tomorrow.
And, have a very Merry Christmas.
- We’ll no longer be dancing at the West Chicago VFW. Visit the Upcoming Events for a full list of dance venues; see you at the ELGIN VFW THIS TUESDAY THE 27th!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 16,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- The BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS at the Izaak Walton Center (899 Jay Street in Elgin, $7) has wrapped for the year. I’ll resume it on JANUARY 10th, 2017
- The “brain cramper” intermediate line dance lessons BEFORE the dances on Tuesday are on hiatus and will resume JANUARY 10th, 2017 with BANJO
- Thursday's "Attic" class which meets at the Wheaton VFW will meet with Courtney to practice dances on 12/29 & 1/5. I will resume teaching it on JANUARY 12th, 2017
- Friday morning’s St. Charles class is on break for Christmas. Class will resume JANUARY 6th, 2017 back at the Salvation Army
- I had a hysterectomy on 12/5 and so will not be dancing UNTIL JANUARY 9th as I recover. Scheduled dances will continue as planned. I’ll be back at dances to visit; I'm feeling much better. Thank you all for your cards, texts, visits, emails…I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful community of people!