This past summer I visited Hideaway Brew Garden and met country’s newest talent – DJ ATLAS!! He and I hit it off right away, and we’ll be co-hosting venues more and more as things continue to re-open. He is debuting country dancing at Brauer Haus in Lombard on Thursdays starting this week, February 4th (it’s on 53 just east of 355) from 6 – 10 pm. It’s $5 cover and he’ll play any song you request; enjoy!! I’m teaching in-person Beginner line dance lessons on Thursday evenings in Joliet (see **NEW** below), but I’ll swing by afterwards to dance and teach you a new line dance lesson around 9 pm, weather permitting. Next Thursday at 9 I’ll be teaching a brand new pattern partner dance – PLUS a special surprise!!
Although the Spotted Fox at Spring Hill Mall event did not work out, Spotted Fox in St. Charles is offering line dancing on Fridays and Saturdays. It’s beginning to feel a lot more normal in the country line dance arena! The rollout of the vaccine is helping, obviously.
** When I personally host & DJ my own dances, it’s different than the feel of a bar or club. I run through each dance first, so you’re more likely to remember it (or speed-learn it). It’s also with a small-ish group; masks are optional. We dance in big rooms so we have adequate space between us. I’m hosting FOURUPCOMING IN-PERSON DANCES in February ($10 cover; text me at 630-492-0401 for the details):
– Beginner (Bridge) Dance, from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST on Super Bowl Sunday 2/7
– Intermediate Nite from 6:00 – 9:00 pm CST on Friday 2/12
– Beginner (Bridge) Dance, from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST on Valentine’s Day Sunday 2/14
– Intermediate Nite from 6:00 – 9:00 pm CST on Friday 2/26
** Of course, LINE DANCING ONLINEwill continue on Mondays & Wednesdays, as it’s still the most comfortable venue for a lot of dancers. Register for classes and dancing at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual.
– Beginner 1/2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities – $1 suggested donation; you’ll be billed monthly via email)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL 6-Dance Review Line Dance Class (JAMIE MARSHALL NIGHT) from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided):
- Don’t Step Away
- Dance With Me Tonight
- Backstreet Attitude
- Things To Say
- Bump ‘N Grind (with Jo Thompson-Szymanski)
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class (LYNN CARD NIGHT) from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST, $8 (3 dances taught in full; Recording Provided):
- Take It From Me (with Rob Holley)
** If you are ready to LINE DANCE IN PERSON with me, I’m teaching 3 live classes per week, on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Text me at 630-492-0401 for the details; no reservations are required, as we are in big rooms.
– Intermediate In-Person Line Dance Class in Aurora from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
– **NEW** Beginner In-Person Line Dance Class in Joliet from 7:00 – 8:00 pm CST, $50/4 weeks; register at https://www.heartsoledance.com/product/line-dance/
– Beginner 2 In-Person Line Dance Class in Wheaton from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
**Mark your calendars for the NEXT VIRTUAL INTERMEDIATE DANCE from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $10 (Recording Provided) on Friday 2/19; register at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual
** In-Person PARK DISTRICT CLASSES are scheduled to resume starting the week of February 22nd at Bloomingdale, Butterfield, Darien, Hoffman Estates, Itasca, West Chicago, & Wheaton Park Districts. Beginner 1 line dance lessons will be taught in accordance with the updated CDC guidelines. Masks are required except at Darien Park District, where masks may be removed during class time. Please visit www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule for the exact times & dates.
** Reminder: TWO For TWO provides the perfect opportunity to experience my teaching style of line dancing from your home, in your pj’s, with NO COMMUTE in the snow required! Learn TWO entry-level line dances in TWO 30-minute lessons with me, online (one dance per lesson) for only $2. The links for the two pre-recorded lessons will be included in your receipt. Simply click on them and download them to your computer, and instantly transform your living room into a dance classroom! Order TWO For TWO at https://dancewithjanet.com/product/two