So many want whatever they want, and will do whatever it takes to get it. The going motto in life is: If It Feels Good, Do It. The Ends Justify The Means. If I Want It, I Deserve To Have It. These are all different ways to say the same thing. I vehemently disagree; HOW we get things matters. The MEANS are the end – NOT the other way around.
It all goes together with the idea of integrity. And being a person of integrity is difficult! Yet it means I am kind to someone, even if they badmouth me behind my back. I believe in the goodness of someone, even if they behave badly. I eat well, even if the scale does not move…or if it moves in the wrong direction! In all instances, the situation is the same: Do the right thing, whether or not the results are as we wish them to be. HOW we act is critically important. And why? Because as we act, we are proving who we really are. And we are building our character, and becoming mature individuals.
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4) God’s Word is always applicable, and comforting.
Keep On Keepin’ On!!
- DATE CHANGES: We’ll only be dancing on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at the West Chicago VFW 6791 through the end of August, effective immediately. See you there THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 24th, and then not again until July 8th. We have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at this hall. If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50.
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Yes, this is the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, July 16th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in July) & SUNDAY, July 10th & 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s Dance includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks ($5 cover). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Boot Camp in July has been cancelled; the next Boot Camp will be August 14th. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances THIS WEEKEND, Saturday and Sunday!! Dates are: Rotary Grove Fest in Downers Grove 6/25, Swedish Days Parade in Geneva 6/26, Warrenville Independence Day Parade 7/3, Wheaton Independence Day Parade 7/4, Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 7/9, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18 (see www.dancewithjanet.com/ calendar for exact locations, times, and song lists). Wear your DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms, and LET’S DANCE for all the world to see!
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/c
alendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? We are fast approaching 10,000 “LIKES”; come join the party!!! Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- The Carol Stream Thursday Beginner 1 class on 6/23 has been cancelled; please make up the class at any other class I teach (preferably the Monday Beginner 1 class at 5:30 in Wheaton).
- Warrenville’s Tuesday Beginner 1 class will resume 6/28.
- ALL Wheaton Wednesday evening classes (Beginner 2, Intermediate 1, and Intermediate 2) are cancelled for 7/13; please make up the class at any other class I teach
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Secure the LOW rate that we have by choosing your cabin TODAY! Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
See you TONIGHT in Wheaton on the dance floor!