Happy May Day!! Every day more of the world reopens, and it warms my heart! Thus, the DWJ world of dance lessons is changing yet again…
MONDAYS remain the same; VIRTUAL Beginner 1 at 10 am and VIRTUAL Intermediate at 7 pm
- Beginner 2 in-person lessons from 10 – 11:30 am at LOVV The Dance Studio are really filling up! It’s so good to see so many of you returning; I’ve gotten misty-eyed on more than one occasion. I’ve missed you so much!!
- If you are available during the day and would like to return to Beginner dance lessons IN-PERSON, please consider attending a NEW class from noon – 1:30 on Tuesdays at the same location. Have you danced in-person with me at HANOVER TOWNSHIP or ELGIN SENIOR CENTER? Or anywhere else where you have some experience, but may be a little rusty? I’m starting a NEW class after the existing one, to ease up on the amount of people we have in the studio. This second class will start on MAY 11th and will be a BEGINNER 1, WITH LOVE…easy dances, but not following the Beginner 1 official DWJ curriculum. It’s the perfect returning class!
- Beginner 1 VIRTUAL classes at 7 pm run for 3 more weeks; I’m team-teaching it with Ray. It’s so cool: we flip back & forth from Clarendon Hills to Wilmington, alternating lessons.
WEDNESDAYS have changes:
- Hanover Township VIRTUAL classes at 2 pm have ended. Thanks for joining me on Wednesday afternoons during the covid lockdowns! Now let’s get back to dancing in-person!!!
- VIRTUAL Intermediate classes still meet at 7 pm
THURSDAYS changed too:
- Intermediate in-person classes from 10 – 11:30 still meet in Aurora
- Beginner 1 VIRTUAL classes at 2 pm have ended. Again, thanks for joining me! Time to dance again in-person!
- Beginner 2 in-person classes still meet at Heart & Sole Dance Studios in Joliet from 7 – 8 pm
FRIDAYS are still home to Intermediate Nites on the 2nd & 4th Fridays in Aurora
SATURDAYS are the nights we dance at Spotted Fox in St. Charles from 8 pm – close with DJ DAVE!!! I’m thrilled to be on the same ticket at The Master! I teach a couples lesson at 8:30 (usually with Patrick, woohoo!!) and a line dance lesson at 9:30
SUNDAYS are when I host Beginner (BRIDGE) Dances from 1 – 4 pm (on May 2nd, 16th, & 30th – $10 cover) with Couples Lessons following, from 4:15 – 5:15 ($8 pp or $5 pp if you attended the preceding dance)
AND…I’m looking for another venue (a restaurant, maybe?) for lessons and/or a dance during the week, on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, starting in June. Do you have any suggestions? As you know, dancing in a mask doesn’t work for me; I’m looking for establishments who agree. Again: YOU ARE ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION! This is just where I stand.
BEGINNER 1 lessons at the Park Districts are aptly manned by Betsy, Rob, & Margaret. Check https://www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule for all the dates & times.
And as always, feel free call or text me at 630-492-0401 with any questions. Hugs!!