After a lovely 10-day break from the routine of life, I completed my first week back at lessons. I must say, it was wonderful to see you all again, and meet the new folks joining classes for this session! I look forward to learning new dances with you, and going over ones we may have forgotten a bit! As long as we're dancing, life is good…
Taking a vacation away from "it all" was very refreshing, however. I was fortunate to have Mamma Duck (Bonnie) all to myself, and as she is an awesome vacation leader, I happily followed her all over California like a good little duckling. She only had to coach me to "Come along, Jan" a few times…well, maybe more than a few. The sights were STUNNING!! We spent two days at Disneyland and California Adventure, and sailed on a Carnival Cruise for four nights to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. Mix a bunch of family time in (with a LOT of ice cream) and bright sunshine, and you have the makings of an unforgettable trip! I had a ball, but I'm glad to be back!
Tens of thousands of people spend hundreds of dollars a day vacationing. Be it at theme parks or on cruise ships, money flows. It's out there. We all seem to find the money to finance what we really want. I'm afraid of what is being financed on credit cards, but it doesn't have to be this way. Check this book out of the library and get inspired:
This book changed my LIFE and led me into teaching dance. Take a read; it's worth the cover price and more! At your next vacation, you'll see the benefits of putting it into practice!
- Join us at:
- Glen Ellyn B.R. Ryall YMCA, 49 Deicke Dr., THIS SATURDAY for a BRIDGE Dance (at a new time, 6 – 9 pm) with FOUR brand-new BEGINNER lessons from 6 – 6:45 (and open dancing from 6:45 – 9 pm, $7)!
- This TUESDAY's dance will be at the Wheaton VFW, 0N731 Papworth St., as usual
- Next weekend's BRIDGE dance is on Friday, November 10th, at the Geneva American Legion, 22 S. 22nd St.
- SUNDAY NITE COUNTRY meets November 12th from 6 – 9 pm, 3S240 Warren Ave
- Visit the Upcoming Events page for more details on DANCES!!
- My final INSTRUCTOR TRAINING course will be offered as a live, two-day event NEXT WEEKEND, NOVEMBER 11th – 12th. Register at www.dancewithjanet.com/
instructor to learn how to start a dance group in your community, and join the DWJ teaching staff!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teac
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
se2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
See you on the dance floor – you are loved!!