Once in a while life mimics a fairy tale, and magic happens on the dance floor. Does this couple look familiar? Meet John & Charisse, who are simply made for each other, and who met when John asked Charisse to dance one evening. They're getting married TOMORROW!
I've been blessed to know these two; they are and always have been two of the happiest people in the world. I met them both separately when they took different dance classes with me. They literally met on the dance floor at a dance I hosted in Warrenville. What a blessing it's been to watch them become more and more content the more time they spend together. It's really been like watching a romantic movie! They've both been married and divorced, and have grown children. Now, as they have time to live the post-parenting stage of their lives, they will be sharing their lives together. No matter our age or our background – sometimes the surprises in life are worth waiting for, as in their case. I couldn't be happier for them!!
Their wedding rehearsal is tonight, so I won't be at the dance at the Geneva American Legion, as they've asked me to be part of their special day. Never fear; Dancin' DJ Peg will be spinning tunes to keep you dancing and laughing all night long! Be sure to tell me all I've missed, as I'm sure the stories will be hilarious, as usual! I hear Peg bought some new hats…
See you at Sunday Nite Country in Warrenville, or at John & Charisse's wedding tomorrow!! YES, we'll be dancing there!!!!
- Dance Camp (a couples dance convention) comes to Elmhurst THIS WEEKEND, February 10th – 12th. A SHOE VENDOR is there and there is no charge to shop; dozens of styles are available to try on. For more info, see http://swingncountry.net/ DCC/default.html
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 18,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- The BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS at the Izaak Walton Center (899 Jay Street in Elgin, $7) will meet on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month. Our next class is FEBRUARY 14th
- “Brain cramper” intermediate line dance lessons are offered BEFORE the dances on Tuesday for an extra $3. I’ll be teaching LEVELS on 2/14, and BROKENHEARTED 2/28 & 3/7
- I teach 15 classes per week; we have almost completed the current session. The next six-week session of classes begins the week of February 27th. Choose your level and your location at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- We leave for the #dancewithjanetcruise in ONE WEEK! During that time, February 17th – 26th, there will be NO Dance With Janet events (classes or dances), as I and my substitute instructors and my DJ's will be on the ship! I will still be available via email and Facebook
Have an OUTSTANDING day! You are loved!