My mom left for a week-long trip to Niagara Falls at 6 am this morning. About this time last year, I did the same thing, but I was on the back of Chris’ motorcycle for a ride around Lake Erie; we stopped for a couple of days at the Falls. Talk about a deluge of memories! I love the new experiences and time to think which traveling provides. We live in such a beautiful world. Try to see as much of it as you can while you’re here!
Speaking of traveling, a REMINDER that if you have ever accompanied me on a Dance With Janet Cruise, our reunion party is THIS AFTERNOON from 2 – 6 pm. We always love to get together and talk, so we’ve set aside time to do just that. Dinner will be provided at a cost of $10. Those who RSVP’d can eat first. I’m looking forward to seeing you all again!
EVERY time we get together it feels like a party. Dancers are such wonderful people! If you haven’t tried country dancing, a new session of line & couples classes is beginning in June EVERYWHERE! If you try it and don’t like it, your registration fee for the 6 classes is fully refundable. See www.dancewithjanet.com/
A couple of changes to note:
– Three Beginner 1 classes are ON HIATUS for the summer, resuming in September:
• Thursday evening at BUTTERFIELD Park District
• Friday afternoon at FRONT STREET Dance Studio
• Friday evening at WEST CHICAGO Park District
– A brand NEW Beginner 1 Saturday morning class debuts June 1st at 10 a.m. at the WARRENVILLE Park District. Come learn to line dance before you tackle all your errands!
– We will dance in the MEMORIAL DAY PARADE in Itasca on Monday the 27th. Please join me; it’ll be a lot of FUN, and it’s a great way to kick off the summer. Call is at 9 am; we will meet in the parking lot of St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 733 Catalpa Avenue, Itasca, IL. The parade steps out at 9:30. It is a shady route, and only a mile and a half long. Wear your DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms. As usual, all the information (including instructional videos) is in the red performance schedule located at www.dancewithjanet.com/
– This Friday’s dance at Tequila Roadhouse on May 24th has been cancelled. Our only dance for this upcoming weekend is Saturday the 25th, at Fermilab’s Brown Barn, from 7 – 10
See you on the dance floor!