What are we allowing in???
Posted by Dance With Janet on Thursday, August 10, 2017
Recently, I posted a short 3 minute Facebook Live Video talking about the "Garbage In, Garbage Out" concept. How we act and think is in direct correlation to what we allow into our minds. It was well-received, so I'm delving in a little deeper. Click here to watch the video (shown in a screen shot, above).
Have you ever noticed how testy you feel when you read a book that's a thriller of any type? Or how upset you are after a conversation that's laced with drama or negative news? What about how afraid you are to take a shower after watching Psycho? Or, my favorite, how tight your jeans suddenly are after weeks of eating pizza and ice cream?
In all cases, what we allow in – through our brains, ears, eyes, or mouth – affects us. Our experiences change our feelings, our aura, our faith and trust, and our weight, as well as others parts of us. They influence our ATTITUDES, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Our senses are gateways to our SOULS, and should be GUARDED!! If we allow the wrong stuff in, it will MESS US UP!!
In short, I encourage you to pay attention to where you spend your time. What do you watch? Who do you talk to, and what do you discuss? What are you reading? Negative input creates a person who is far from his or her potential. By exposing ourselves to experiences which discourage us, or limit our effectiveness, we are crippling ourselves. Don't allow that! Instead, have wholesome conversations with healthy people. Watch movies or TV where the characters SOLVE their problems instead of beating each other up or killing each other. Read books that are uplifting, educational, or cheerful. Eat well, and limit that pizza!
And watch how much better you start to feel and act!! Life will improve INSTANTLY!
- Join us for another BRIDGE dance tonight at the Wheaton Mary Lubko/Leisure Center (208 W. Union in Wheaton) from 7 – 10 pm, where we BRIDGE the gap between super-new dancers and experienced ones! This dance is just for you; visit the Upcoming Events page for more details
- Performers, are you ready??!! We'll be dancing at the West Chicago Pool tomorrow at 2:00, with Hillbilly Rockstarz tomorrow at Elburn Days (550 Filmore St. in Elburn) at 6:00, AND to the music of Denny Diamond (a Neil Diamond tribute band) at Cantigny Park (1S151 Winfield Rd. in Wheaton) at 2:00 on Sunday. Is your DWJ shirt clean?
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 23,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teac
- Are You MOVING? Would you like to take your line dancing hobby with you? I'll only be presenting my 12-hour course of how to develop a dance community TWICE MORE, IN-PERSON. The classes will be available only as a pre-recorded video series after this year. I'd love to work with you personally and coach you, so you don't lose all you've learned!! My next class begins SOON, on Monday, September 11th (8 weeks of classes from 8:30 – 10 pm, in Wheaton) and November 11-12 (a two-day, 12 hour, live event, location TBD). I have limited seats available, so I can spend quality time with you! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
instructor for all the details
- On the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, we’ll be joining local Chicago bands 7th HEAVEN, HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ, & SEALED WITH A KISS on the Allure of the Seas from 1/21/18 – 1/28/18. Don't worry, Dancin' DJ Peg will still be there to spin Country PLUS tunes for us! Book your cabin through www.chicagomusiccruise
.com. You MUST list NTD Vacations, 847-774-8677, paule firstname.lastname@example.org as your travel agent if you go through the Royal Caribbean website. Please select the 5:30 dining time, if it’s an option. All of us meeting together for dinner is crucial to feeling connected with the group. FLIGHTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE…I booked mine!!
- Save AUGUST 26th from 2 – 6 pm for our PRE-CRUISE Party, where we get to meet each other before we sail, and iron out the vacation details. I've got some new ideas I'd like to discuss with you – if you are even REMOTELY interested in sailing with me on this cruise, this is the place to be to check it out!!
See you on the dance floor – you are loved!!