As you may or may not know, I was raised on the original Star Trek series, and I simply love it. Although The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine are high on my list of favorite TV series, nothing compares to Kirk, Spock, & McCoy. No matter how improbable a situation the crew was faced with, it seemed like we could count on Spock consistently saying, “There are ALWAYS possibilities.” Even though we can’t always change situations (and even though ANYTHING can happen in Hollywood), I agree with him. It sure seems like it’s up to us to decide if something really is impossible or not.
So many times we can talk ourselves out of doing something – or TRYING something – due to its difficulty. After all, it’s so easy to be lazy! And life is hard. But isn’t it worth the effort? If we really have to THINK, and figure out a situation, doesn’t that make it so much sweeter when we’ve succeeded with it? Think outside the box! What other ways can we try to make it work? We are at the top of creation, with a spectacular resource at our disposal called a BRAIN. USE IT! Figure it out. If the door is closed, maybe the window will be open. Or the attic!
I’m not suggesting we bang our heads against a wall if we’ve tried everything we (and our friends) can think of. If we didn’t get the job, that’s usually non-negotiable. But another job along the same lines MIGHT work out – if we look for it. What I am saying is that we can talk ourselves out of solutions before we even try, and that’s limiting our success. Instead, intentionally look for another way.
“IMPOSSIBLE” IS a word. It exists. But only because the punctuation has not been added – I’M POSSIBLE. It truly IS up to us!!!
- BEGINNING FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2nd, I’ll be reinstating dances at the Geneva American Legion Post 75 on the 1st & 3rd Fridays. They have a LOVELY maple wood floor, and I like visiting different places to dance…visit the Upcoming Events for a full list of dance venues
- SALE!! ALL DVD’s are 25% off through the end of August at any dances I host. Yes, I accept credit cards!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, August 20th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in August) & THIS SUNDAY, August 14th, preceded by BOOT CAMP (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s Dance includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks ($5 cover). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 12,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS debuts 9/13 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- I’ll be teaching a difficult intermediate line dance lesson BEFORE the dances on Tuesdays for an extra $3. The lesson for 8/9 & 8/16 will be AIN’T MISBEHAVIN’, and on 8/23 & 8/30 I’ll teach SO JUST DANCE DANCE DANCE
- Planning on joining me for the BEST LINE DANCE CONVENTION OF ALL, Windy City Line Dance Mania, from October 6th – 9th, 2016 in Rosemont, IL? I’ll be submitting the group registration where we’ll all save a few $$ TOMORROW, AUGUST 13th. TONIGHT is the last night you can give me your form & payment. If you prefer to register online, choose the 4 day group pass and say you’re with the Dance With Janet group. For details, visit their website
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2017
- OUR NEXT PRE-CRUISE PARTY IS SUNDAY, 8/28 from 2 – 6 pm at Bonnie’s house. Save the date!
See you on the dance floor!