I UNDERSTAND…we are afraid of getting sick and dying.
I UNDERSTAND…we disagree on the accuracy of the news we are provided.
I UNDERSTAND…we don’t endorse the same candidates who are presidential possibilities.
I UNDERSTAND…the world is changing, at breakneck speed. Some people accept the changes, and some do not.
I UNDERSTAND. We are all individuals, and we’ve discovered differences in one another we didn’t know. Life is even more upsetting than usual, and I’m *just* the Dance Instructor. I provide access to dancing, and that’s entertainment, a field which dried up overnight due to covid. Whether entertainment is essential or not is up to each of us. I know I need to dance to help my mind deal with the world’s stress, and not many of you agree with me. It’s an unfortunate fact: I will not see some of you again. For those of you who need the mental stimulation, emotional relaxation, and personal interaction which dancing provides, I am here, and I look forward to spending time with you. And I will allow you your opinion. I have an opinion of my own, which may not match yours. Both are valid, as we all have value as human beings. Let’s continue to play nicely and agree to disagree. As always, find the common ground and accept each other, differences and all.
– BRIDGE Dance from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST, Inside in Wheaton, $10 (limit of 20, bar on premises, pre-register at www.dancewithjanet.com/upcomingevents, address will be provided in emailed registration receipt)
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– *LAST*Touch Base Today thru ZOOM from 12:30 – 1:00 pm CST – Hop on and tell me what’s going on in your life! Click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86498114611?pwd=b28yRzlJNzNFT3VkZDNvQ1NqMklwQT09
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST, $24/3 classes (Session 3, Class #3 of 3, FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Whiskey Girl by Dan & Jan Pye
- Little Red Book by Dee Musk
- Blue Night Cha by Kim Ray
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (FULL TEACHES of 2 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Knee Deep by Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs (full teach, danced 2-3 times)
- Four on the Floor by Matt Thompson & Mishi Ziminski (full teach, danced twice)
- Weekend Ruined by Rob Holley (full teach, danced twice)
– Intermediate 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST in my garage, West Chicago, $8
– Easy Intermediate 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST in Warrenville, $8/$9 (limit of 9 people, register by Tuesday at http://www.warrenvilleparks.org or call 630.393.7279)
– BEGINNER 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 6:00 – 7:30 pm CST in my garage, West Chicago, $8
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST in the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 27W010 Parkway Dr. (at County Farm), Winfield, $8
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities)
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 5:30 – 6:45 pm CST (taught by Karen), Wheaton (private residence)
– Beginner 1IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 6:30 – 7:45 pm CST (taught by Julie), Wheaton (register atwww.wheatonparkdistrict.com)
– Beginner 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST (taught by Cathy), Bloomingdale (register at www.bloomingdaleparks.org)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Review Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided)
- Coastin’ by Ray & Tina Yeoman
- Levels by Will Craig
- Curious Girl by Daniel Trepat
- Sippin’ & Tippin’ by Craig Miyamoto & AJ Meyer
- Ooh Aah by Sal Gonzalez
- Speak With Your Heart by Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs
Mask Policy: Masks are optional in the DWJ world. When we dance inside, it’s with limited attendance in a big space so we can be adequately spaced apart and comfortably line dance without masks. During classes in Park Districts, that rule applies also, but masks are required in common areas. Additionally, Bloomingdale & Wheaton Park Districts require masks the entire time we are in one of their facilities, even when we’re dancing.