I’m a coffee drinker…as in, I enjoy a spot of coffee in the morning (for the caffeine kick) with my flavored cream. I like the Peppermint Mocha flavor the best, and even a big bottle doesn’t last long. I’ve been eating better, and I know I shouldn’t indulge in so much cream, so I bought this Super Good For You cream made from coconut milk. I read the label, and I laughed out loud when I saw that this little carton contains 32 SERVINGS! REALLY?
After I picked myself up off the floor, I thought, I’ll be lucky to get 10 cups of coffee out of that container. It’s really not enough for 32 cups. And then I got to thinking…how much IS enough? Even the giant containers of Peppermint Mocha aren’t enough – I’ve got at least six bottles in my freezer. I wouldn’t want to run out, you know. Which of course led me to…
How much really is enough? One bottle of creamer…six bottles of creamer…and I’m still worried about running out of creamer. I am living back in Geneva…will it last? I love teaching at Cadillac Ranch…will everything remain ok there? And on and on it goes. I find myself worrying about things I can do nothing about, and I’m content with a LOT of those things – yet my concern is telling me that how things are, is not “enough” – as in, going well so they don’t need my concern. Instead of fretting, I should be RESTING mentally, and spending my precious brain power on issues that I CAN improve, instead of wasting my energy. I need to choose wisely which issues receive attention – as do we all.
There’s nothing like a tragedy to remind us that LIFE is enough. I’m certain those in Paris are thinking that, as they mourn those they lost…we certainly should be too. Let’s lift them up before the throne of grace and pray for their comfort and healing!!
- As you know, I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. Schedules have been created and will be at the Ranch soon; you can view them on Cadillac Ranch’s website until then. TUESDAY I’ll re-introduce LICK MY LIPS at 7:30 and CLICHE BABY at 8:30. FRIDAY I will be teaching DOUBLE D, BARTENDER, & COWBOY UP (at 6:30, 7:30, & 8:30, respectively) for me. See you there!!
- P.S. I do plan to teach on the Friday after Thanksgiving, as HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ is the featured band that night – and they are WONDERFUL!!
- Warrenville’s SATURDAY 11/13 class is CANCELLED, as I am out of town this weekend.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- COUPLES CLASS starts again THIS MONDAY, November 16, in Wheaton from 5 – 6:15. I’ll be teaching DOUBLE TWO, country’s easiest dance, and this class WILL RUN. I’ll only be teaching in-person couples classes through March of 2016, so please join me while this opportunity is available! You don’t need to bring a partner; you’ll be matched up with someone in class. All the info is at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Our next DOUBLE HEADER WEEEND is SATURDAY, November 21st (7-10 pm) AND SUNDAY, November 22nd (6-9 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at7:30 & 8:30). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country (dinner served from 5:30 – 7)
- On Saturday, December 5th at 1 pm we’ll perform CLICHE LOVE SONG in the Warrenville Christmas Show (black bottoms and solid tops in one of these colors: green, red, black, white, or blue). Check the red performance calendar for the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT!! People from EIGHT states (Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Iowa, Michigan, Texas, & of course Illinois) will be vacationing and dancing together – SUPER EXCITING!! All the group-rate cabins are booked and we cannot get any more at that rate. Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate. Dance Lessons are now at the second price tier of $65 for the entire week (the lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016). This second Early Bird rate EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30th.
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for MARCH 13. I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!
See you on the dance floor!