Life has been kind of wonky lately. I’ve been working from Elgin these past 2 weeks, as I’ve been helping Jeff recover from triple hernia surgery. Jeff and I were married for 15 years, and even though we’ve been divorced since 2014, we’ve remained friends. I was honored when he asked for my support, and I’ve been pleased to provide it. Then, the evening of his surgery, we had to put our 15-year-old Maki down. Maki had lived in so many places with my family, and spent his last 16 months peacefully with Jeff back in Elgin. He had a good, long life with us, and we’ll miss him.
And then, the world began to re-start! I feel like the schedule changes daily. Lucky Star opened this weekend, and if you visited them last night with Spencer and are “spreading the love” to multiple country venues, join me and DJ Dave, Chicagoland’s Country Music MASTER, for CLASSIC COUNTRY Couples & Lines on SATURDAYS starting TONIGHT!!! We’ll be at the SPOTTED FOX ALE HOUSE in St. Charles (3615 E. Main St.) from 8 pm – close. Patrick & I will re-teach the partner pattern dance for LONELY DRUM at 8:30 & I’ll re-do REBEL JUST FOR KICKS at 9:30. NOTE THE NEW TIMES FOR LESSONS!!! DJ Jimmy & I won’t be dancing at SF on Fridays anymore, but are working on nailing down a weeknight. As the details get solidified, we’ll let you know. Jim is hosting at LS tonight, so no matter where you go, you’ll have a good time!
Brauer House is still the place to go on Thursdays, as DJ Atlas plays your line dance requests from 7 – 10 pm. I arrive around 9 for a lesson or two. It’s the perfect place to re-start your in-person dancing, as there’s PLENTY of room.
Have you seen me on the dance floor and wondered how everyone knows all those dances? They take lessons!! YOU CAN TOO!! Take a quick look at the updated class schedule for APRIL:
Beginner 1 Lines:
- Monday – 10:00 am (Virtual, register at https://seniorservicesassoc.org/events/)
- Tuesday starting 4/13 – 7:00 pm (Virtual, register at https://dancewithjanet.com/virtual-beginner-1)
- Wednesday – 7:00 pm (In-Person at Bloomingdale Park District, register at http://www.bloomingdaleparks.org/)
- Thursday – 2:00 pm (Virtual, register at https://dancewithjanet.com/virtual-beginner-1)
Beginner 2 Lines:
- Tuesday – 10:00 am (In-Person at LOVV The Dance Studio, Wheaton)
- Wednesday – 2:00 pm (Virtual, register at http://www.hanover-township.org/)
- Thursday – 7:00 pm (In-Person at Heart & Sole Dance Studio, Joliet)
- Monday – 7:00 pm (Virtual, register at https://dancewithjanet.com/virtual-intermediate)
- Tuesday 4/6 – 7:00 pm (Virtual, register at https://dancewithjanet.com/virtual-intermediate)
- Wednesday 4/14, 4/21, & 4/28 – 7:00 pm (Virtual, register at https://dancewithjanet.com/virtual-intermediate – Guest Instructor: Ray from Delaware!)
- Thursday – 10:00 am (In-Person at a private residence, Aurora)
- Sunday 4/11 & 4/18 after Bridge Dances – 4:15 (In-Person at Wheaton VFW, Wheaton)
Have a HAPPY EASTER with your family & friends tomorrow! And as always, feel free call or text me at 630-492-0401 with any questions. Hugs!!