We are a community, and as such, when one of our own loses someone especially close, we all bind together and grieve with them.
Bethany Young has been an active dancer for many years, and you probably recognize her. She attended our dance this past Friday at the West Chicago VFW. Friday after the dance her husband John was tragically killed in a car accident. No other cars were involved.
Beth's mother, Linda Pasetti-Olson (pictured with her), is also a dancer in our community. This past Saturday she posted this on her Facebook page:
"Yesterday was an especially hard day for our family. My daughter's husband John Young was killed in a tragic car accident Friday night. We are all still in shock, but it's very comforting to have friends and family to help us get thru this surreal time. John will be waked at Healy Chapel in Sugar Grove on Wed from 4 to 8 PM, with services on Thurs. at 10:30 AM. Rest in peace John, you will be missed…"
The death of a spouse or child is unquestionably the most difficult to process; even more so when it's unexpected like this. Please lift Beth (and her 3 grown children and their family and friends who knew John) up in prayer. She certainly would be encouraged by our presence at her side at this incredibly painful time. She is on Facebook, if you would like to communicate with her.
I'm including the information of events occurring in the dance world, as life does continue, but I am stunned by this news and will certainly be at the funeral on Thursday morning. I am grieving with her, and for her and her own.
- Our dance at Fermilab's Kuhn Barn this past Saturday was a SMASHING SUCCESS, and I'm discussing our return with The Powers That Be. Stay tuned!!
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 in case we are hungry
- EVERY FRIDAY (5/27 and following) we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated!
- Dances have come to an end at the Lake In The Hills American Legion Post 1231
- Starting next Tuesday, May 10th, and continuing every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we’ll dance at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his Sunday dances).
- We will also dance here on FRIDAY MAY 6th & FRIDAY MAY 20th, DOWNSTAIRS. A FISH FRY PRECEDES OUR DANCE UPSTAIRS, and I hear it's excellent!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, May 7th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, May 22nd (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 22nd (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- A "BRAND NEW BEGINNER DANCER" class is starting in Warrenville on Tuesdays from 1:15 – 2:30,beginning MAY 17th. For details, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there
- Warrenville’s Saturday class has moved to Thursdays at 7 pm. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class, which my daughter Kat Warner will teach
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 20th will meet at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church instead of the Salvation Army
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! We are 1/4 full, and JULIE HEIN has just been added to our list of fantastic instructors! Check out all the exciting details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2017
See you on the dance floor !