I’ve developed a habit of playing Solitaire on my phone every day via the app’s Daily Challenge. As you can see, I’m doing pretty well, with an almost perfect record..ALMOST. I’m having a great deal of trouble winning the Challenge of October 17th. No matter what moves I make, the game won’t win. I continue to attempt to win, but not as much as before, because seeing the “un-won” game every day is teaching me so much. Every day I’m reminded that sometimes, things simply do not work out, no matter how much effort I put into them. I may never know why, and that’s ok. Situations are they way they are. In the two weeks since October 17, I’ve progressed from a lot of frustration and anger (over a GAME, can you believe it?) to a bit more acceptance and peace, because the game is reminding me of life. I can’t control everything, can’t succeed at everything, can’t make everything go the way I want it to. But that’s ok! Life is a bigger movie than the one screen I’m seeing, and it will show how it’s supposed to show.
NOW. The next time I get super depressed I will re-read my own blog!! That’s a hoot, isn’t it? And as a disclaimer, I’m not totally “there” yet, but I’m on the right road.
- I’m teaching at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on Tuesdays & Fridays. Tonight I’ll be teaching Drinkin’ Beer, Purple People Eater (in honor of Halloween!), & the Stupid Dance (at 6:30, 7:30, & 8:30, respectively). Don’t forget to dress up for the costume contest; $300 will be awarded to the person in the best costume!! Tuesday I’ll introduce TWO new dances, Lick My Lips (to Drinkin’ Town With A Football Problem), at 7:30 and Cliche Baby (to Cliche Love Song) at 8:30 – don’t miss it!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the (very soon-to-be) THOUSANDS who have? That’s the place to connect: www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet. Pop over and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- Tomorrow’s Warrenville line dance class for Halloween Saturday, 10/31, has been CANCELLED
- We dance again SATURDAY, November 7th (7-10 pm) AND SUNDAY, November 8th (6-9 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave., on another double-header weekend! Saturday’s dance will be all lines ($5 cover; lessons at 7:30 & 8:30). Sunday Nite Country will be alternating sets of Couples and Lines (dinner served from 5:30 – 7)!!
- BOOT CAMP is fast approaching in Warrenville on NOVEMBER 8th from 3 – 5:15 before Sunday Nite Country; mark your calendars! I’ll be teaching line dancing & Gary will be teaching couples classes, including East Coast Swing, per your requests
- Two performances are scheduled: We’ll dance at Two Way Street Coffeehouse on Saturday, November 7 from 2-3 pm (please wear your Dance With Janet shirts), and on Saturday, December 5th at 1 pm we’ll dance CLICHE LOVE SONG in the Warrenville Christmas Show (black bottoms and solid tops in one of these colors: green, red, black, white, or blue). Check the main purple calendar for the details – www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT…except for two lucky people, who I can squeeze in. People from EIGHT states (Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Iowa, Michigan, Texas, & of course Illinois) will be vacationing and dancing together – SUPER EXCITING!! All the group-rate cabins are booked and we cannot get any more at that rate. HOWEVER…if you are still on the fence and would like to attend, please contact me and we’ll work it out – I have ONLY TWO secret spots left. Dance Lessons are now at the second price tier of $65 for the entire week (the lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016). This second Early Bird rate EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30th.
See you on the dance floor!