In a “normal” world, Friday’s arrival would be heralded as the beginning of a 3-day party. Nowadays, it’s nothing special. The days have blurred together as the world is locked down. These last three weeks seem like a year.
Kind of a bleak way to start an “encouraging” email, huh? My point is that I get it.
As you know, am spectacularly thick-headed (I can see you all nodding right now…). To illustrate, my Lord and I have had slightly different iterations of this same conversation all my life:
I want this, Lord.
– Do you trust Me?
Yes, but want it!
– Well, don’t be stupid. Trust Me.
But I want it.
– DO YOU TRUST ME?
Sigh. Yes, Lord.
So, to say we’ve had that conversation a few times over these last 3 weeks is an understatement. I received a helpful article from my alma mater, Moody Bible Institute; it’s attached to this email, as I pray it will encourage you too (Click Here). The bottom line , though, is this:
“…for God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind;” (2 Timothy 1:7 YLT)
To that end, I will continue to lead you in live line dancing! Here’s tonight’s playlist:
Friday 4/3 (Intermediate Dance) from 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST, All dances run through once, $10
- You’re Beautiful by Lynn Card
- Crazy Foot Mambo by Paul McAdam
- Ex’s & Oh’s by Amy Glass-Bailey
- Adventure 45 by Ria Vos & Jose Miguel Belloque Vane
- Zjozzy’s Funk by Petra Van de Velde
- Rebel Just For Kicks by Ria Vos
- Redneck Angel by Cheri Litzenburg & Renae Filiou
- Tragedy by Lynn Card
- Who’s Up All Night by Brandon Zahorsky
- Devil in Me by John & Bonnie Newcomer
- Uno Dos Tres by Sherry McClure
- Sittin’ Pretty by Craig Miyamoto
- Footprints on the Water by Joanne Brady & Jill Babinec
- Get Wild by Jo Thompson Szymanski & Maddison Glover
- Take It From Me by Lynn Card & Rob Holley
- Double Scoop by Jill Babinec, Derek Steele, Rosie Multari, & Debi Pancoast
- Dizzy by Jo Thompson Szymanski
- Lay Low by Darren Bailey
- Men In Black by James O. Kellerman
- Soul Shake by Fred Whitehouse
- Lady Gaga by Michele Perron
- Turbo Twang by Max Perry & Peter Metelnick
- Blue Note by Jan Smith
- Country Bump by Darren Bailey
In case you forgot:
- All events will begin at 7:00 pm CST as it’s easier for us all to remember
- Register at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual (if using your DWJ card, enter the DWJ card number in the credit card number box, 12/99 for the expiration date, & 111 as the CSC code)
- You will receive recordings of virtual live lessons or dances within 24 hours
- DOWNLOAD RECORDINGS FROM DROPBOX for better synchronization and play them with ANY PLAYER from the Microsoft store
- Try plugging in an amplifier into your computer or connect your computer to your Bluetooth speaker to help you hear the music better (the speakers in your phone, computer, or tablet may not be strong enough to project)
- Registration for Virtual Events Will Close at 5 pm CST
Again, please Touchbase TODAY with me from 12:30 – 1:00 pm at this link; I love talking with you! No password is needed:
I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!