Looks like Fall to me…and I feel the uncertainties around me, just like anyone. It seems more and more critical to play – relax – dance (they’re all the same, right?) to recharge the emotional batteries. Yet as the weather cools and the bars, restaurants, & nightclubs remain closed, our options are shrinking.
I’m still leading dancing outside for the month of October, and am working on relocating those outdoor gatherings to a roomy indoor private location where we can dance over the winter months, as we feel comfortable. I anticipate having a decision on that by the end of the week. Virtual Intermediate & Beginner 2 classes will continue through the end of the year, as will filming of the Beginner 2 curriculum and couples lessons (with Ray). I’m leading indoor classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays, too, and FOUR others are running, taught by Karen (B2), Julie (B1), Cathy (B1), & Betsy (B1). Intermediate Nights are twice a month (10/9 & 10/30), as are Sunday afternoon Bridge Dances (10/18 & 10/25). If you want to continue to “work” on your line dancing, you certainly may; I’m not moving yet! It’s not like it used to be, but what is nowadays?
If you’d like to join a virtual class (especially on a Monday or Wednesday), PLEASE register at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual AT LEAST 24 hours before the class is scheduled to start. As a small business, we still do some things manually, and this is one of them. Courtney is the tech guru, and she has another job during the day, and she cannot process registrations on Mondays & Wednesdays for that evening’s classes. Thanks for understanding, and helping her keep her sanity.
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST, $24/3 classes (Session 5, Class #1 of 3, FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Skip by Pat Griffiths
- Lay Low by Darren Bailey
- Hillbilly Bone by Steve Lustgraaf
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Weekend Ruined by Rob Holley (full teach, danced twice)
- Vanotek Cha by Gary O’Reilly (full teach, danced twice)
- Summer Nights by Dan Morrison (full teach, danced twice)
– Intermediate 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST in my garage, West Chicago, $8
– Easy Intermediate 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST in Warrenville, $8/$9 (limit of 9 people, register by Tuesday at http://www.warrenvilleparks.org or call 630.393.7279)
– BEGINNER 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 6:00 – 7:30 pm CST in my garage, West Chicago, $8
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST in the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 27W010 Parkway Dr. (at County Farm), Winfield, $8
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities)
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 5:30 – 6:45 pm CST (taught by Karen), Wheaton (private residence)
– Beginner 1IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 6:30 – 7:45 pm CST (taught by Julie), Wheaton (register at www.wheatonparkdistrict.com)
– Beginner 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST (taught by Cathy), Bloomingdale (register at www.bloomingdaleparks.org)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Review Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided)
- Dan’s Dirty Boots by Dan Albro
- Knee Deep by Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs
- Backstreet Attitude by Jamie Marshall
- Obsessed by Roxanne Moates, Luke Watson & Stephen Watson
- Redneck Angel by Cheri Litzenburg & Renae Filiou
- Weekend Ruined by Rob Holley
Mask Policy: Masks are optional. When we dance inside, it’s with limited attendance in a big space so we can be adequately spaced apart and comfortably line dance without masks. During classes in Park Districts, that rule applies also, but masks are required in common areas. Additionally, Bloomingdale & Wheaton Park Districts require masks the entire time we are in one of their facilities, even when we’re dancing.