Even though we all know our days are numbered, not many of us are anxious for them to be up. Rather, we’d all prefer to stick around a while. But what is the one thing that could extend your life? You know I’ll say dancing, right? But it’s really more generalized than that…the one thing is a hobby. A genuine passion in your life that you can’t wait to do, something on which you’re super focused. For me that is certainly dancing, but it doesn’t have to be for everyone (although that’s not a bad idea, is it?). My mom is a cross stitch fanatic, my aunt is nuts about Depression-era glass, my grandmother was a crocheting queen, and my grandfather lived for bowling. Pick something that interests you and see how much it really grabs your attention! The resulting focus will work your brain in other areas than normal work/daily life, and give you more days to enjoy!! Let me know which hobby you pick!
And while you’re at it, don’t forget about the featured product of the month, couples’ dance lessons. Let Kate, Chris, & I get you started with some home-study lessons. Learning at home will help you dance better, FASTER on the floor! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Chicagoland Dance Festival kicks off Friday August 21st in Rosemont (a FABULOUS couples dance convention) – I highly recommend it. Visit http://
chicagolanddancefestival.com for more information
- Our next big show is the LABOR DAY PARADE in Schaumburg on September 7th. This is the third largest parade in the Chicagoland area (after Chicago and Naperville), so the audience will be HUGE, and the performances FABULOUS! Please join me!! Go to www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for details – scroll down to the RED PERFORMANCE calendar for details
- I’ll be teaching at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) tomorrow, Friday, August 21st (SUNSHINE & WHISKEY at 6:30, CRANK IT UP at 7:30, & SUGAR KANE at 8:30) and Tuesday, August 25th (SEX, LOVE, & TEXAS at 7:30 and MAKE ME WANNA at 8:30)
- We dance at SUNDAY NITE COUNTRY in Warrenville on Sunday, August 23rd in the Warrenville Community Building from 6 – 9 pm (3S240 Warren Ave., Warrenville)
- Cruise Early Bird Dance Lessons are $55 thru September 30 – take advantage of the reduced cost before the price increases on October 1st! See www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016; it’s the bright pink button on the left. Our room block is now 85% full!!!
See you on the dance floor!