I understand all the mixed feelings going around, with all this Covid stress. I really do. We are all learning how to live with constant & unprecedented levels of stress. I’ve been talking to a lot of you, and I’m hearing the same (vastly opposing) things:
- When’s the next couples’ dance?
- Couples dancing is too dangerous.
- Inside dancing is wonderful!
- I’m not ready to dance inside yet.
- You’ll be in a humongous room, of course.
- No room is large enough for me to feel comfortable in.
- We need to wear masks while dancing.
- Dancing in masks is out of the question.
- I’m only willing to dance outside.
- My knees hurt dancing on concrete; no can do.
…just to hit the main ones. As always pleasing everyone is impossible even in the best of times, it’s obviously not happening now. Even pleasing some of the people some of the time is tricky, and I so appreciate the positive feedback I’ve received as I’ve attempted to do so. I’m trying to provide an environment for everyone, to meet as many people as I can where they are. I hope you’ll return to our mutual hobby as soon as you feel comfortable. We are dancing outside and inside, spaced apart (which we already knew how to do), and masks remain optional. I feel a big space for people to dance in is a solid long-term solution, so that’s what I’m offering.
Because so many of you prefer dancing together to dancing virtually, you’ll see more of those options. Online lessons DO still exist, though!
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Class from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Touch Base Today thru ZOOM from 12:30 – 1:00 pm CST:
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided)
- Have Fun Go Mad by Scott Blevins (full teach, danced two or three times)
- Stuck on You by Sue Ridder (full teach, danced two or three times)
– Intermediate IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing – in the parking lot outside my condo or in my garage, West Chicago from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
– Intermediate IN-PERSON Class in Warrenville from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST, $8/$9 (limit of 9 people, register by Monday at http://www.warrenvilleparks.org)
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Class from 7:00 – 8:00 pm CST – Class #2 of 3, $24 for all three classes (Recording Provided)
- Four on the Floor EZ by by Joyce Hemphill
- One in a Million by Amy Christian
- Broken Stones by Dee Musk
WEDNESDAY 7/22 (my daughter Katie’s birthday!):
– Beginner 2 In-Person Drop-In Driveway Dancing in the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 27W010 Parkway Dr. (at County Farm), Winfield from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
– Beginner 2 Virtual Class from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities)
– Beginner 1 In-Person Class in the Wheaton gym, 1777 S. Blanchard Rd., from 6:30 – 7:45 pm CST, (limit of 20, register at www.wheatonparkdistrict.com)
– Intermediate Review Virtual Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided)
- I’m Comin’ In Hot by Lynn Card (reviewed, danced twice)
- 50 Ways by Pat Stott (reviewed, danced twice)
- We Are Tonight by Dan Albro (reviewed, danced twice)
- Whiskey Girl by Dan & Jan Pye (reviewed, danced twice)
- I Brake For Brunettes by Unknown (reviewed, danced twice)
- Homegrown by Dan Albro (reviewed, danced twice)
– Intermediate In-Person Drop-In Driveway Dancing at Judy’s, Aurora from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
– Beginner 1 In-Person Class in Hoffman Estates, 1685 W. Higgins Rd., from 3:30 – 4:30 pm CST (register at www.heparks.org)
– Intermediate In-Person Class at Fran’s, Glendale Heights from 5:45 – 7:15 pm CST, $8 (limit of 7 people, pre-register at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule)
– Beginner 1 In-Person Class in Lombard, 21W730 Butterfield Rd., from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST (register at www.butterfieldpd.com)
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing in the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 27W010 Parkway Dr. (at County Farm), Winfield from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST, $8
Courtney will be going back to her other job SOON (!!!) and so needs to receive VIRTUAL registrations for the week by 9 pm SUNDAY evening. If you register after that time, she cannot guarantee that you receive the link for the live class in time to attend (you would still receive the recording, no problem). Easy link to virtual registration is https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual. Thank you for understanding, and for planning out your week’s schedule in advance. Two additional reminders:
- You can use your DWJ card to order ANY item on the website; simply enter the card number in the credit card number field and put 12/99 in the expiration date & 111 as the 3-digit code. ALL classes and dances can be found at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/teachingschedule.
- All Intermediate lessons of NEW line dances will remain VIRTUAL so we can dance as much as possible in-person
- Beginner 2 classes & dances are morphing to in-person gatherings. Outside dances are popular, and I’m in negotiations with large venues for more inside dances. Stay tuned…
Thank you again for being the best dance family EVER!!