Day after day people say, “I swear to God” – which amuses me, since so many of those same fine folks would say they either don’t believe in God or have very little to do with Him. Yet His name continues to be used as a measuring stick for people’s promise that they are telling the truth. Does this describe you? Do you swear, whether by the Lord’s name, or just saying, “I swear”? And – is that necessary?
In a world of “shoulds”, I certainly don’t need another item to add to the list of things I should or should not do. Mom always said I shouldn’t swear (but I think she was referring to those nasty four-letter swear words). But there’s no doubt that we should mean what we say, and be truthful. In Bible times, people swore by the Lord’s name because they revered Him, and by using His name, that showed that their word could be trusted. Now, it’s just words. And using them as an expletive expression is inappropriate, and dishonoring to the Creator of all life.
Our words should be our bond, plain and simple. A vow should matter, and mean that what we say will occur! Don’t you want to associate with people whose word is gold? I sure do. Are yours? Are mine? I will say that I’m not proud of my past, and two divorces have shown me that I have not honored my word. I have committed to rectify that in the future…and I hope you will too. It’s never too late to make things right.
Here’s to being able to bet on our vows!!
- Dances are on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at the West Chicago VFW 6791 from now on. Enjoy a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples! If anyone would like to show up at 6:15 to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. Hot dogs & chips are offered for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- Each 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Grab a pizza for dinner for $6.50. THIS SUNDAY 8/7 DJ DAVE WILL HOST HIS DANCE HERE AND WILL CELEBRATE LADY DIANA’S BIRTHDAY FROM 6 – 10 PM.
- BEGINNING FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2nd, I’ll be reinstating dances at the Geneva American Legion Post 75 on the 1st & 3rd Fridays. They have a LOVELY wood floor, and I like visiting different places to dance…
- SALE!! ALL DVD’s are 25% off through the end of August at any dances I host. Yes, I accept credit cards!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, August 20th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in August) & SUNDAY, August 14th, preceded by BOOT CAMP (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s Dance includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks ($5 cover). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances – Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 8/27, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18. See www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for exact locations, times, and song lists. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms, and LET’S DANCE for all the world to see!
- Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) can be found on the Upcoming Events tab of my website. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar and go to the exact dance event to find out.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 11,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS debuts 9/13 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- Starting THIS TUESDAY 8/9, I’ll be teaching a difficult intermediate line dance lesson BEFORE the dance on Tuesdays for an extra $3. The lesson for 8/9 & 8/16 will be AIN’T MISBEHAVIN’
- Planning on joining me for the BEST LINE DANCE CONVENTION OF ALL, Windy City Line Dance Mania, from October 6th – 9th, 2016 in Rosemont, IL? I’ll be submitting the group registration where we’ll all save a few $$ on AUGUST 10th. If you prefer to register online, choose the 4 day group pass and say you’re with the Dance With Janet group. For details, visit their website
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2017
- OUR NEXT PRE-CRUISE PARTY IS SUNDAY, 8/28 from 2 – 6 pm at Bonnie’s house. Save the date!
See you on the dance floor!