I live in a manufactured home community (well, for another 11 days, anyway) and it's usually silent around here. This morning I woke up to the unmistakable sounds indicating demolition had begun on a home behind me. I couldn't resist taking some photos (I'll upload them to Facebook soon) and was a little shaken by the life picture unfolding right before my eyes.
Sometimes…in the quiet of my own company…I feel like that house. Looking all right on the outside, but inside? Yucky enough that some serious work needs to be done. While I'm trying to cooperate with the work that God is doing, I know I'm still resisting…because I know better, right? That house reminded me of ME – under a big-time remodel order (meaning, organized destruction). I know The Creator is in the driver's seat of the demolition vehicle, and He knows what He's doing, like the driver today. I feel like I'm being torn down, piece by piece, just like this house. With every blow of that house coming down, I winced…
Yet I know that out of the ashes, beautiful things emerge. As James MacDonald said, "You know there's something bigger going on here, something so far beyond the temporal that's unfolding according to God's plan. And you can take joy in God's purposes."
My prayer for us all today is that we would all trust and wait – me especially! I think I say that a dozen times an hour. But it's the right thing to do and say!!!
- The Schaumburg Labor Day Parade was a smashing success!! Yes it was hot, but we had fun and delivered a stellar performance. Thank you to all who participated!! Pictures can be found on my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet. Please LIKE my page if you haven't already done so!!
- Our next show is dancing in the ART ON THE PRAIRIE festival in Warrenville on September 12th (3:30) & September 13th (2:00) at the gazebo in front of the library. Join me for our last performance of the season in your Dance With Janet shirt and BLUE DENIM BOTTOMS (shorts are ok, even for men, Rob)!! The playlist has been updated – please take note!!! Go to www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar for details – scroll down to the RED PERFORMANCE calendar. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- The next session of dance classes begins TONIGHT, September 9th, and includes a four-week couples Two Step class on Thursdays through October 8th in Carol Stream from 7:15 – 8:30 pm (this Two Step class WILL RUN and includes video reviews, like all my classes). I'm only going to be offering couples classes on Thursdays through the end of the year, so if you'd like to catch a class at this time slot, please do so soon! See www.dancewithjanet.com/
teachingschedule for more info
- New schedules for Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on Tuesdays & Fridays have been released! This Friday I'll present Honey I'm Good, Neon Light, & Shut Up & Dance (at 6:30, 7:30, & 8:30, respectively)
- On Saturday, September 26th, I'll be the guest instructor at Cadillac Ranch, teaching Two Step. Mark your calendars!
- Cruise Early Bird Dance Lessons are $55 thru September 30 – take advantage of the reduced cost before the price increases on October 1st! See www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2016; it's the bright pink button on the left. ONLY 3 MORE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE in our room block!!!
- Windy City Line Dance Mania will be held at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Rosemont October 1 – 4. If you would like to join Chicagoland's biggest line dance party, registration forms can be found at www.countryedge.com. Please note you are with the Dance With Janet group to qualify for the 4 day group rate
See you on the dance floor!