Cadillac Ranch is a fond memory now for us all, and life has changed again. Since we’re all so used to dancing on Tuesdays, we’ll continue to do so, starting tonight! We will alternate Tuesdays with Wheaton, starting TONIGHT, MARCH 29th, at the American Legion Post 1231 in Lake In The Hills, 1101 W. Algonquin Rd., from 7-10 pm ($5 admission).
On the FIRST & THIRD TUESDAYS, we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164, 0N731 Papworth St., Wheaton IL 60187 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission & 20 minutes south of Cadillac Ranch). The VFW is set back from Geneva Road, just west of the intersection of Schmale/Main St. Wheaton & Geneva Rds. Enter through the door under the VFW sign. Alcoholic drinks, pop, & $8 pizzas will be available for purchase at the bar; you’re welcome to bring your own water and snacks. Although the dance floor is tile, it is 1500 square feet, so we’ll have room to dance lines AND couples! We are confirmed to dance here on APRIL 5th & APRIL 19th.
On the SECOND & FOURTH TUESDAYS, we’ll dance at the American Legion Post 1231, 1101 W. Algonquin Rd., Lake In The Hills IL 60156 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission & 20 minutes north of Cadillac Ranch). The AL is between Route 31 & Randall Rd. Enter through the door on the deck from the back parking lot (the Dance With Janet banner will be displayed). Alcoholic drinks, pop, & water will be available for purchase at the bar downstairs; management has asked that we NOT bring in any outside water. Perhaps they will reconsider after they meet us tonight. The dance floor is HARDWOOD and stunning; we’ll dance lines AND couples. We’ve received approval to dance here APRIL 12th & APRIL 26th.
I don’t know what May holds yet; I’ll have more information as it draws closer. This arrangement will probably continue, as it looks EXTREMELY promising (and the management loves us already; how could they not??)!!
On FRIDAY APRIL 8th, we’ll dance at the American Legion Post 75, 22 S. 2nd St., Geneva IL 60134 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission and a mile from my home). I’ve had my eye on this place for years and so am EXCITED to finally be able to dance here! The AL is across the street from the Geneva Public Library and a block southwest of the intersection of Route 38/Roosevelt Rd. & Route 31. Alcoholic drinks & pop are available for purchase at the bar; you’re welcome to bring your own water. The floor looks like maple HARDWOOD and we will call both lines AND couples, depending on who is there! If we like this hall, I’ll pursue hosting a dance here once or twice a month. More details will be available after our first dance; let’s see how this goes!
At all these venues, I will teach 2 easy lessons at 7:30 & 8:30 pm. Lessons at dances are a fantastic way to introduce our favorite hobby to new people and get them dancing right away. If you have friends you’d like to introduce to dancing, bring them with you!!
- NEW to line dancing? I’m debuting a BRAND NEW BEGINNER 1 CLASS starting APRIL 11th at the Wheaton Leisure Center, 208 W. Union in Wheaton, from 5:30 – 6:45 pm. CONGRATULATIONS to Wheaton’s Wednesday Beginner 1 class (which meets from 5 – 6:15), which will be GRADUATING to Beginner 2 starting April 13th!! Woohoo!!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, April 2nd (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 10th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5).
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time on 4/9/16.
- WARRENVILLE’S SATURDAY 5 PM CLASS WILL NOT MEET THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 2nd. If you have any unused punches on your punch card, please use them up before then, as this class at this time will no longer be offered after 4/9
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page.
- Please return your DWJ Cruise surveys to me ASAP as planning for next year’s event has already begun, and I would like your input! We will be announcing a POST-CRUISE PARTY soon – BUT the party will be after the next trip has been planned, so if you would like to vote on next year, SEND ME YOUR SURVEYS!!!!
See you on the dance floor!