All around the world – or at least in Itasca – there'll be dancing in the streets! The photo above shows members of the Cadillac Ranch Dance Team performing in the Swedish Days Parade in Geneva last year. Dance With Janet dancers step out in the Itasca Memorial Day Parade in a little over 24 hours (the parade begins at 9:30 am) – come join us either in the performance, audience, or for ice cream afterwards!! For details on this and other shows, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
I'm so excited to be sharing this opportunity to demonstrate line dancing to the local community. People simply don't know what it is or that it's even out there until they see it. If you know these dances (take a look at the Dance With Janet Facebook page for show playlist and a diagram of what the line up will look like), I hope you consider showing off; performing is a lot of fun and is also one of the best ways to meet fellow dancers. You are part of a community now – enjoy it!!!
- Call is at 8 am ish with step off at 9:30
- Wear COMFORTABLE shoes (tennies are recommended) and blue denim bottoms, any length, and your Dance With Janet shirts. You won't be able to perform with us without a shirt (sorry about that but it would look dumb)
- Park at the Itasca Community Library at Irving Park Rd (Rt. 19) & Catalpa, & walk up Catalpa for the meeting place
- We'll be waiting to begin in a church parking lot, and bathrooms will be available in the church
- Feel free to bring water to have on your person
- I'll have flyers for you to hand out if you would like to do so
See you on the dance STREET!