I never thought I’d see the day when we’d dance regularly in the western suburbs, but it sure looks like this party is gonna fly! So many dancers who take classes with me are from the Wheaton area; I’m so pleased that we were able to find a nearby facility where we can dance on Tuesdays. We will be invading the Wheaton VFW (0N731 Papworth St., just west of the intersection of Schmale/Main St. Wheaton & Geneva Rds., on Geneva Rd.) TONIGHT from 7 – 10!
Cadillac Ranch has not announced plans to resume dancing on Tuesdays yet. What they have mentioned in the Daily Herald doesn’t look very favorable for line OR couples dancing. I’d like to keep them going! Therefore, at dances I host, I encourage both line AND couples dancers. If we have couples dancers present, our songs will alternate between 4 lines & 3 couples. Of course, we will play to the crowd, and lines in the middle of couples dances may be possible, depending on how full the floor is. Please, let’s share the floor, as our favorite hobby encompasses both single and partner dancing, and is unique in that regard. The schedule in my world for April is as follows (click on the links for flyers; I’ll teach 2 beginner lessons at each dance):
- On the FIRST & THIRD TUESDAYS, we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164, 0N731 Papworth St., Wheaton IL 60187 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission).
- On the SECOND & FOURTH TUESDAYS, we’ll dance at the American Legion Post 1231, 1101 W. Algonquin Rd., Lake In The Hills IL 60156 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission).
- This FRIDAY APRIL 8th, we’ll dance at the American Legion Post 75, 22 S. 2nd St., Geneva IL 60134 from 7 – 10 pm ($5 admission).
- NEW to line dancing? I’m debuting a BRAND NEW BEGINNER 1 CLASS starting APRIL 11th at the Wheaton Leisure Center, 208 W. Union in Wheaton, from 5:30 – 6:45 pm. CONGRATULATIONS to Wheaton’s Wednesday Beginner 1 class (which meets from 5 – 6:15), which will be GRADUATING to Beginner 2 starting April 13th!! Woohoo!!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, April 16th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 10th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be primarily lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5).
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time THIS SATURDAY, 4/9. If you have any unused punches on your punch card, thru can be applied at the Beginner 1 class my daughter Kat is teaching on Thursdays at 7 pm in Warrenville, starting THIS THURSDAY 4/7
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page.
- The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet Cruise 2017 details have been finalized! Check out all the juicy details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/
See you on the dance floor!!